Cab 12v wiring for fiat cheyenne 696g 3.0 160 multijet

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jetsets, Jun 26, 2013.

1. jetsets

jetsets Read Only Funster

Hi anyone got any info on where I can find some 12v ( always on) and ignition switched 12v and if poss the speed signal for my 2008 Cheyenne SE. its a 2008 Fiat 3.0 160 Multijet

I have my old VDO sat nav ready to go in but don't want to start too much poking in the wiring, I am competent at wiring and understand electronics/electrics, but if anyone has some tips it would save me some time.
    When I took it out of the old van it looked a bit of a bodge into the existing looms behind the glove box and dash.

Cheers

2. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

have you had a look here?

http://www.sargentltd.co.uk/Autotrail_schematics_2007.pdf

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

switched and unswitched supplies should be easy enough to trace in the ign switch harness multi plug or there may even be a couple couple of spare ways in the fuse box

4. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Need age and type of van if you can, then I can give you the info. The power supply depends on what type of van it is, as some newer ones need to be isolated.

Scratch that - must read properly! PM Sent.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  5. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

x250s run canbus systems permenant live can be direct from battery but im not sure how you would get a ignition feed maybe rainbow can tell me as well

6. jetsets

jetsets Read Only Funster

found something behind radio

Hi Thanks for messages and replies, found switched and perm live behind radio, in fact radio does not run off the normal (yellow) perm live so can use that. wire already cut for me to connect to.
    Found a switched live also there ( Red). also had a pm saying where to look for speed wire so looking good so far. Just the rain now making it a pain to work on - opening closing doors in and out getting tools connecters etc.

many thanks all