C1 Entitlement (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hi

Here in France, I have just renewed my license for groups AM, A1, B1, B, C1, D1, BE, C1E, D1E. The process consists of
obtaining the forms from the "Préfecture" (I guess that is the equivalent of the old County Hall),
booking an appointment with one of the approved doctors from a list, having the medical including a sight test,
taking the forms back to the Préfecture for the licence renewal.

Total cost - 33€ for the medical.​

The licence will be ready for collection from the Préfecture in a couple of weeks. I actually had the medical on the afternoon of the day I rang for an appointment.

Simple. Not expensive.

Seems slicker than the UK process.

J

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hi

Here in France, I have just renewed my license for groups AM, A1, B1, B, C1, D1, BE, C1E, D1E. The process consists of
obtaining the forms from the "Préfecture" (I guess that is the equivalent of the old County Hall),
booking an appointment with one of the approved doctors from a list, having the medical including a sight test,
taking the forms back to the Préfecture for the licence renewal.

Total cost - 33€ for the medical.​

The licence will be ready for collection from the Préfecture in a couple of weeks. I actually had the medical on the afternoon of the day I rang for an appointment.

Simple. Not expensive.

Seems slicker than the UK process.

J
That's very good. In your case, what's the AM? Plus, how long is that for before your next medical requirement and Prefecture?
Is it a matter of just rubber stamping once you have had the medical?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
That's very good. In your case, what's the AM? Plus, how long is that for before your next medical requirement and Prefecture?
Is it a matter of just rubber stamping once you have had the medical?

AM is, I believe, a moped.

Once the doctor has completed the two sets of forms, in triplicate, they are taken to the Préfecture and just handed in with photocopies of ID (passport) address proof (utility bill) and the old driving licence. The licence was returned to me with the third copy of the forms as evidence I have applied for the licence renewal, together with a form to enable me to track the process of renewal. By this tracking I can see when the replacement licence is available for collection.

After the 70th birthday, the licence has to be renewed every two years. I exchanged my UK licence for a French one when I reached that milestone.

J

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Excellent. It's just I've never had a AM code on my license. I have B, BE, C, CE, C1E, D, DE, D1E and fklnp.
came out in 2013, you must have already renewed your licence just before it came out . next time if you renew yource or de it should show it. along with b1,light 4 wheeled vehicles .
take it you never had a m,bike .

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
came out in 2013, you must have already renewed your licence just before it came out . next time if you renew yource or de it should show it. along with b1,light 4 wheeled vehicles .
take it you never had a m,bike .
I've just looked and I renewed mine in 2012. I have had a m,bike but that was in the 70's. At that time I rode a Suzuki 250 GT on a provisional licence. Well my car licence acted as provisional for my bike. Sadly in 1978, a learner driver smashed into me whilst I was overtaking. It was 11.45 at night and he claimed he didn't see me but I've had that comment said to me when I've drove a 44 tonne artic and a coach. Yep, didn't see me. Truth is, they didn't look.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Application posted last Friday Aug 12th, new licence delivered to day, got to say that's pretty good service.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Doctors appointment 23rd September. I can get one tomorrow morning!!

Colyboy

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Past 70+ now,
can I get C1 put back on my licence, if so how do I go about it?

Colyboy

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I will go to my GP for the C1 medical once my B license is re-instated. I don't see any reason they can refuse my B license as I have had no further episodes since early May ..... and I have a very good idea of what was causing the problem. :) Will discuss that as well.

Deleted User
Past 70+ now,
can I get C1 put back on my licence, if so how do I go about it?

Colyboy

Pass the D4 medical and send the forms back, if you had C1 before you were 70 then you only have to pass the medical and apply.

OP
OP
alanalmoff

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
Attended docs on wheels, taking all my medical records with me, in & out in 5mins, sorted!!

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
I used Doctors on wheels and paid £50,great service.I have been without c1 for 20years didn't even know untill I looked when thinking about a larger van.All sorted now.

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
If your unfortunate to have a Defibrillator fitted..dont bother to try and renew for your C1...DVLA says that all GP's have all the Government medical advisement's regarding what is now acceptable to pass the Medical requirement...However in my case our GP obviously didn't know this:(

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
My experience (July) for C1-E. Doctors appointment Medical OK, BP OK, Eyesight, (now no spec`s since cataract / implant op) Doctor put in the Results from my January Eye Test. Complete D4 sent to DVLA, with Old licence (AFTER PHOTOCOPYING as guys have had entitlement(s) removed!!!). Returned 10 days later. With code 101 removed!!. First time Ever!. I am advised that IF I wanted I could have my CE back. but who at 73 wants to do CPC and all that crap to drive a Truck again for Peanuts!.

Pete

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
BTW. Anyone Noticed the START date on their Licence?. Mine ALL say 1973. BUT I passed my Bike Test in 1959, and My Car test (Which at that time included the ability to drive lorries!) in 1960!.

Curiouser and Curiouser ????.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back