C-tourer Tv Mount

Discussion in 'Carthargo' started by awg, Jul 15, 2015.

1. awg

awg Funster

Hi,

I've just collected a C-Tourer 149 and want to access the HDMI and USB socket on the side of the tv. The tv is mounted behind the small jump seat and pulls up to view. It moves towards the front of the motorhome but I can't see a way of releasing the left hand side (as you look at it) from the mounting bracket so I can access the HDMI and USB sockets easily. There appears to be a cut-out in the bracket and a small rod on the swinging part of the arm which looks like it should release the TV but the rod is too long to fit the cut-out and it doesn't push up or pull out.

Any idea how to get the tv further out so I can get at the sockets?

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

A picture paints a thousand words.

3. awg

awg Funster

Pappajohn, Completely agree but as I'm using a mirror on a stick and a head torch to see the mount behind the tv, getting a picture will be a challenge. I'll have a go.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr Mousy

Mr Mousy Funster Life Member

You need a 'selfie stick'!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Love to help but to jealous!:LOL:

ask dealer?

6. travelling wilbury

travelling wilbury Funster

i have an I148 and came across the same issue...the dealer had set up our Sky system with a scart which slips into the bottom of the tv....i wanted to use HDMI from Sky to TV for HD broadcasts so had to have a play with the TV.
    I failed to release the 'catch' you describe but, with my small hands, managed to squeeze the HDMI into the side of the TV, so job done but a bit tricky...worth it though....

7. awg

awg Funster

I spoke to the dealer about it and was told the only way is to bend the pin to allow it over the cut-out. Don't bend it too far or it blocks the slider when you move the TV up and down. I went for an HDMI right angle adapter and a very short usb extension cable so getting to both is now quite easy.

• Like Like x 1