C Club: new rules for over 28ft ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Saw this posted on ARVC, apparently in the 2009/2010 C Club site directory book there are new rules regarding over 28ft motorhomes.. has anyone got a copy.. ? It's on page 51.. would much appreciate if someone could post brief details.. My membership expired so would like to know before renewing.

thanks in anticipation

Jim

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi guys

I read the page before I left home but didnt bring the book with me. It basically said that with the increase of the size of vans and 5ers and RV rigs they were introducing new places on their sites to accommodate larger rigs. They gave a list of sites that had restrictions due to access roads and other things but it was only 20 or so sites. They also said that it was best to ring the site and book direct as the warden will have the local knowledge. It will take time for this upgrade to take place on all sites so we might have to wait a few years for it to be fully implemented.

Kevin and Tricia

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The rules aren't actually new. Page 51 of the 2009/10 handbook is the same as page 251 of the 2007/08 handbook other than that there are about half a dozen extra sites (with specific regulations) listed in the new book, Knaresborough is no longer in the list and there are a few differences in some of the restrictions (e.g. Tewkesbury Abbey used to say "No RVs due to weight restrictions" but now says "Please call site for advice").

The rules (but not the list of sites with specific regulations) can be found on the CC web site Link Removed - though the length given there is 30 feet whereas the books state 28 feet. I suppose the list of sites is not strictly necessary on the web site because the maximum outfit length allowed is now given in the detail for each individual site.

Most of the sites listed in the book are there because access to the site is the problem rather then pitch sizes - often roads outside the control of the club. Again Tewkesbury is a case in point - there is a narrow bridge with a weight restriction on Gander Lane.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back