C.Club Bookings today

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by AuldCodger, Dec 3, 2014.

1. AuldCodger

AuldCodger Read Only Funster

Boy it actually worked, at least for us :D
    Gibson Park Melrose for the Rugby Sevens (y)
    Anyone else had success???

2. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

For me it shows all that wrong with the caravan club. Today its web site will be difficult to access because of all those booking for all next year. So those like me who do not think booking is within the spirit of real motorhoming will not get a look in. And because they do not charge a booking fee or deposit many of the bookings will be cancelled at a later date.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

Worked for me too. The two music festivals that we needed CC sites for are now booked :)

4. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

I'd be interested to know what percentage of those bookings are cancelled at a later date. :whistle:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  5. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Nightmare logging on and waiting for a slot to book a site. Phone lines engaged. Eventually got into the booking system and booked site for next year.

6. trophychap

trophychap Funster

I thought they had changed it, so you can only book X number of advance bookings now, to stop people booking hundreds of sites at a time?

Also if you don't turn up at a site (without telling them you aren't going) the warden tells the CC, and you are only allowed so many black marks before they kick you out of the booking system.

7. AuldCodger

AuldCodger Read Only Funster

In fairness to the C.C. I do believe they are trying hard to cut down the numbers who book and then decide at the last minute to cancel or worse not show up. An upfront charge when booking would not put me off.
    Unfortunately it is the nature of the beast that in peak season booking is essential on some sites and whether we believe it is in the nature of motorhoming or not we have to live with it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

I am a CC member and have spent hundreds of nights on Club sites. I always make advance bookings for my weekend breaks, as I did today, and have only had to cancel one booking. That was earlier this year, a 3-night booking which I had to cancel at short notice due to illness. And, believe me, I felt as guilty as hell.
    I really would welcome the booking system being changed so that a non-refundable deposit was required at the time of booking.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

I forgot about the booking starting early,managed to get booked at Melrose for this year tryed for dec 2015 today but fully booked for 31st&1st but managed to get booked on super pitch for the above dates,i will have to change pitch,so had to make three seperate bookings for the festive period.