C & CC Sites - how much??!? (2 Viewers)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
So, Family Feltwell is off to Yorkshire & Northumbria in a few weeks time, we have some friends in E.Yorks we'd like to visit, we've never been to York, so we thought we'd do something a bit different from the usual get-away-from-it-all rural holiday and have a couple of days at least visiting York.

We're not usually great fans of disciplined, defined-pitch type sites, but as we have Camping & Caravanning Club membership (for the breakdown cover really) and it was only for a few days I thought I'd take a quick look at their site outside York. Grass pitch, no hookup, as basic as they do, £180 for 5 nights! And that was the Member's price! Dick Turpin at least had the decency to wear a mask!

Needless to say we're going somewhere else.

I know their sites are a known quantity and are generally kept very clean & tidy, but so are plenty of other sites that are a lot less than £36 a night. The C&CC sites I've seen really aren't anything special.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Welcome to the summer holidays and the usual sting the punter time! Earlier in the year, I averaged about £12 a night (me, my van and an age concession) on C&CC sites which is cheaper than a lot of CLs and CS sites. Wheels are not rolling until the ankle biters are back in school!

Deleted User
We stayed at York Marina last week which is CC cl, £21 a night, bus right outside gate into York or 15/20 min walk on flat footpath to the design outlet where there is a park and ride into York. Nice place would use again.

Lin :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
THS site for CCC members at York cricket and rugby club during July and August. Good value, and a easy walk along the river to the town centre. There is also a 10 minute bus service but its quite a walk to the bus stop.

OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks. As we're seeing friends over that way, we've booked in at a CL in Pocklington instead, which is next to a farm shop - the other end of the scale maybe, at £10 a night though rather than £36, that's £26 I can spend on nice things from the shop!

We're planning on getting the Park & Ride into York.

Alas, DiggerJon, we've no alternative but to go away during the peak season.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
THS site for CCC members at York cricket and rugby club during July and August. Good value, and a easy walk along the river to the town centre. There is also a 10 minute bus service but its quite a walk to the bus stop.
We are on there now £7.50 a night
Very nice

OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014

Sounds good. Not exactly well publicised though! I couldn't find it on the CCC website's site listings, I only found it in the end by entering "THS" in their search section. If you hadn't pointed it out I would never have found it!

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We also were at the York THS a couple of weeks ago. As said above good value & nice site at £7.50 per night.
Currently at Langholm Rugby Club. Same setup at £8 night.
Talked to a family who were staying on the independent site the other end of the rugby field who had paid £16. They were members of C&CC but had never heard of THS and didn't know what the coloured pages section at the back of the magazine were for! (We only worked it out two months ago!!)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
All the meets are in the back of the magazine, in the blue and orange edged pages, only thing that ccc are any good for
Sorry see someone beat me to it edit
Edit again, you don't have to be members of the groups that are running them, any member can go to any meet.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Sounds good. Not exactly well publicised though! I couldn't find it on the CCC website's site listings, I only found it in the end by entering "THS" in their search section. If you hadn't pointed it out I would never have found it!
Go on-line and login to the club site,
Then select "magazine", and then "out and about"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back