takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I have been a member of the C&CC for a few years, never stayed on one of their sites due to in the main using the van abroad. However toying with the idea of a short UK break and we may be able to manage 6 nights at the beginning of May, I have just checked out their Dartmouth site. They have availability, great, two adults and a dog £249.00.

It must be me, being out of touch, but seems an awful lot of money, I can get to France and using a combination of ASCI, Camping cheques and Aires I can do the crossing for £178.00 with the dog on the tunnel. 6 nights, say average £10.
Total £238..00 plus Vet 40 euros.

This is without around the 10% discount on the tunnel by booking through the C&CC and playing around with the crossing times to achieve a better deal.

I can't help thinking sadly sod England ! :Eeek:

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
C&cc

I have been a member of the C&CC for a few years, never stayed on one of their sites due to in the main using the van abroad. However toying with the idea of a short UK break and we may be able to manage 6 nights at the beginning of May, I have just checked out their Dartmouth site. They have availability, great, two adults and a dog £249.00.

Hi, Seemed a bit steep to me as well so had a look at the website.
According to the prices listed, it should only be £141.00 if High season or £123 Mid season (£91.80 if you qualify for concession!)

Summat dont add up! :Eeek:

OP
OP
T

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
According to the prices listed, it should only be £141.00 if High season

You are right, I have just checked again and now it's £148.00. (including Charlie the dog)

I really must not attempt to book anything after a few glasses of the red stuff :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 22, 2008
Funster No
We have just had 110 nights in France Spain and Portugal wandering, no campsites,just aires and wild and our return ferry crossing Sea France was £46..50p work that out .:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
C&cc

You are right, I have just checked again and now it's £148.00. (including Charlie the dog)

I really must not attempt to book anything after a few glasses of the red stuff :Blush:

That's OK. With prices like £249 for 6 nights you'd need several glasses of the red stuff! :thumb:

Hope you've got fixed up somewhere - at a reasonable price. :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I did not renew my C&CC membership this year

Now this thread has done it's useful bits I'll jump in and ask you a question.......

German beer. The advert, on Eurosport a lot a few years ago. It showed a nice old German castle shot from a helicopter, looking down on the castle and on to a town below.

Typical long German name.

So - Name that beer and more important name the place, if we're every nearby I'd like to see it.

OP
OP
T

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I did not renew my C&CC membership this year

Having never used one of their sites you may wonder why be a member, two reasons.

RAC Arrivals.

10 to 15% off tunnel prices, this as more than covered my membership.

Our last 5 night France trip we only spent one night on a site costing 13 euros.

Apart from the crossing we never book anything, so the chances are we will go to France.

England always seems a nice idea, but for me having the motorhome is so I don't have to think ahead to much, because as you can see in my case computers, bookings and red stuff really doesn't mix :thumb:

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I hadn't used a campsite for 3 or 4 years until this week.

Like Vindiboy, can't match 110 nights though, I recently had 7 weeks in France, Spain & Portugal and didn't need a campsite.

Have just got back from a 5 day quickie in Devon & Cornwall. First night by a field entrance on a country lane. Second night on a Preserved Railway station car park. Went to a C&CC site intending to just use Motorhome Stop Off but wardens were very welcoming :Eeek: and lots of space so decided to stay the night £11.20. Last night looked for somewhere to wildcamp near the Eden Project but couldn't find a spot to meet our exacting standards:RollEyes: so used another C&CC site £13.10. It had the best dog walk I've used.

I didn't renew CC membership a couple of years ago but kept C&CC for the Temporary Holiday Sites & rallies. Glad I did now if the wardens have been trained not to ask me if I've booked when the site's nearly empty and not to suck their teeth when I say I only want one night without hookup::bigsmile:

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No

I am a member of both clubs. have booked 6 nights at CC site in Wales at end of May (School half term so High season) with a fully serviced pitch, two adults £136.20.

For my summer tour this year I am spending 30 days (29 Nights) touring Scotland on a combination of CC and C&CC sites (one on fully serviced pitch). Total cost of pitches for 29 nights £583.70 :Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
just like vindyboy had 5 months spain and portugal .only used a campsite once just to see what its like. hello vindy see you again somewhere some when. did meet a few funsters ,missed some by minutes . rollon winter was asked twice to move in portugal . lots places to stop so never worry about it. have fun we did. cheers alan

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi Alan,wondered when you would surface again, great trip wasn't it ,we were lucky didn't get moved on once,who worries anyway.met lots of like minded people and made new friends, that's what it's all about isn't it.:thumb::thumb::thumb:We are members of the Camping and Caravan Club , I think it's a great club, we use DA meets and temporary holiday sites a lot when in England especially when wandering around as no booking required usually and always a warm welcome assured.The clubs sites are great too you get what you pay for,we don't use the main sites much but they are there when we want to use them.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I hadn't used a campsite for 3 or 4 years until this week.

Like Vindiboy, can't match 110 nights though, I recently had 7 weeks in France, Spain & Portugal and didn't need a campsite.

Have just got back from a 5 day quickie in Devon & Cornwall. First night by a field entrance on a country lane. Second night on a Preserved Railway station car park. Went to a C&CC site intending to just use Motorhome Stop Off but wardens were very welcoming :Eeek: and lots of space so decided to stay the night £11.20. Last night looked for somewhere to wildcamp near the Eden Project but couldn't find a spot to meet our exacting standards:RollEyes: so used another C&CC site £13.10. It had the best dog walk I've used.

I didn't renew CC membership a couple of years ago but kept C&CC for the Temporary Holiday Sites & rallies. Glad I did now if the wardens have been trained not to ask me if I've booked when the site's nearly empty and not to suck their teeth when I say I only want one night without hookup::bigsmile:
which site did you use near Eden project ? - we are thinking of visiting.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, i used to be in c&cc but found their prices too expensive.havnt used a site in uk for years ,except for a meeting or the likes. use one near looe with the bongo fury club.spent the last month 6 weeks in galicia ,asturis,cantarbria . nice weather, quiet,lots of nice beaches for fishing n snorkelling.even a bit of surfing.got back last friday. have fun we do. purple bob leaves for fort william tomorrow .cu sn alan

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, i happen to live not far from eden project anybody needing an odd night let me know we can sqeeze a couple of campers in the drive/garden if nec. we are about 3 mile from eden. possibly more in a friends down the road. cheers alan.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Strewth that is a lot of lolly !!

Booked in January for mid August, 25ft van etc etc... £64.00 Will be doing the Rhine and the Moselle ( may pop over to Northern Italy if the urge takes us ).. Would expect the 3 or 4 weeks to come to about £650 apart from grub ...Van does about 24mpg

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I am a member of the C&CC and I must admit the site fees do seem to have escalated over the last 2 years, but on balance we use their home and contents insurance with 180 days away and it saves us against our original insurance over £100 so for £35 membership its a good deal.

Its also worth comparing food, material goods and repairs etc. if you want to make a direct comparison between the UK and Europe not just the price of Campsites or Aires or Wild Camping as that can be done in the UK with a certain amount of constraint, its got to be made against a basket of items, and I think you may find the UK more competitive overall.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, braunston. you are correct .uk is about the cheapest place in europe today.
i noticed it last year and its more so now.
uk as never been a better place to buy most things .
shame about the weather in winter .
if uk was as warm as med spain /algarve is in winter we would not have to dissapear for months.
uk is very beautifull lots of interesting places but the cold in winter is too cold.
cheers alan

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
Last year we had 12 weeks in France on 5 trips using ASCI / CC sites and Aires 2 of the trips were to the south of France all via Eurotunnel total cost from leaving home and return £1500.00 ie £300 per trip on average so as you can guess its back to Europe again this year hopefully starting this Friday if the fridge gets fixed.:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We are going to the Isle of White for 1 week , the first week in June in the school holls.
Granted we have got a good deal as we are going with a group of about 12 units.
There are 5 of us 2 dogs and of course the ferry and we are on a serviced pitch. Theres an indoor pool and a heated outdoor one too , for the kids .
£135 . All in. We shall be putting the fiamma zip store up too, at no extra charge. Using our bikes , and doggy trailer , all week.
Weather permitting:Cool:
I think thats excellent price . We've been told that if we were to go by ourselves a couple of weeks later , it would jump up to £500 plus.
Just hope its not like Jeremy Kyle's waiting room . :Blush:

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
which site did you use near Eden project ? - we are thinking of visiting.

hi jaygee

We stayed at Veryan and I think it's about 20 miles from Eden. Set Satnav take us the short way. A bit of breathing in at some narrow spots but no reversing.::bigsmile:

Went through Roche but didn't see vwalan:Sad:

Alfa_Scud

Free Member
Oct 29, 2009
East Lancs
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
CS Near Eden

Sorry to digress, but since a couple of people have posted re: staying near Eden, we stayed at C&CC CS Medros Farm - Link Removed- a great little spot, & it had hook up if you need it, loo/shower etc too.

In a brilliant location, we walked in to Eden from there & took advantage of the Eco walker / cyclist discount, even though we'd only walked about 2 miles! In fact it seemed further to walk from the gate to the ticket office than it did to walk from the site to the gate! :thumb:

Also, there's a great pub (or at least it was last year) in Luxulyan, again only about 1.5 miles along the road, so easily walkable/cyclable, (apart from last year when it was torrential rain!!!) £8 a night if I remember rightly, so good value, especially for Cornwall. In fact if you claim your walker discount (£4/person) at Eden it pays for your night - Chris's money saving tip ::bigsmile: (or spend it on beer)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back