c&cc prices

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by takeaflight, Apr 24, 2010.

1. takeaflight

takeaflight Read Only Funster

I have been a member of the C&CC for a few years, never stayed on one of their sites due to in the main using the van abroad. However toying with the idea of a short UK break and we may be able to manage 6 nights at the beginning of May, I have just checked out their Dartmouth site. They have availability, great, two adults and a dog £249.00.

It must be me, being out of touch, but seems an awful lot of money, I can get to France and using a combination of ASCI, Camping cheques and Aires I can do the crossing for £178.00 with the dog on the tunnel. 6 nights, say average £10.
    Total £238..00 plus Vet 40 euros.

This is without around the 10% discount on the tunnel by booking through the C&CC and playing around with the crossing times to achieve a better deal.

I can't help thinking sadly sod England ! :Eeek:

2. IrasciBill

IrasciBill Funster

C&cc

3. takeaflight

You are right, I have just checked again and now it's £148.00. (including Charlie the dog)

I really must not attempt to book anything after a few glasses of the red stuff :Blush:

4. finby

finby Read Only Funster

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

5. vindiboy

vindiboy Funster

We have just had 110 nights in France Spain and Portugal wandering, no campsites,just aires and wild and our return ferry crossing Sea France was £46..50p work that out .:Laughing::Laughing::Laughing:

6. IrasciBill

IrasciBill Funster

C&cc

That's OK. With prices like £249 for 6 nights you'd need several glasses of the red stuff! :thumb:

Hope you've got fixed up somewhere - at a reasonable price. :Smile:

7. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

I did not renew my C&CC membership this year

8. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Now this thread has done it's useful bits I'll jump in and ask you a question.......

German beer. The advert, on Eurosport a lot a few years ago. It showed a nice old German castle shot from a helicopter, looking down on the castle and on to a town below.

Typical long German name.

So - Name that beer and more important name the place, if we're every nearby I'd like to see it.

9. takeaflight

Having never used one of their sites you may wonder why be a member, two reasons.

RAC Arrivals.

10 to 15% off tunnel prices, this as more than covered my membership.

Our last 5 night France trip we only spent one night on a site costing 13 euros.

Apart from the crossing we never book anything, so the chances are we will go to France.

England always seems a nice idea, but for me having the motorhome is so I don't have to think ahead to much, because as you can see in my case computers, bookings and red stuff really doesn't mix :thumb:

10. smifee

smifee Read Only Funster

I hadn't used a campsite for 3 or 4 years until this week.

Like Vindiboy, can't match 110 nights though, I recently had 7 weeks in France, Spain & Portugal and didn't need a campsite.

Have just got back from a 5 day quickie in Devon & Cornwall. First night by a field entrance on a country lane. Second night on a Preserved Railway station car park. Went to a C&CC site intending to just use Motorhome Stop Off but wardens were very welcoming :Eeek: and lots of space so decided to stay the night £11.20. Last night looked for somewhere to wildcamp near the Eden Project but couldn't find a spot to meet our exacting standards:RollEyes: so used another C&CC site £13.10. It had the best dog walk I've used.

I didn't renew CC membership a couple of years ago but kept C&CC for the Temporary Holiday Sites & rallies. Glad I did now if the wardens have been trained not to ask me if I've booked when the site's nearly empty and not to suck their teeth when I say I only want one night without hookup:BigGrin:

11. Big Momma

Big Momma Read Only Funster

I am a member of both clubs. have booked 6 nights at CC site in Wales at end of May (School half term so High season) with a fully serviced pitch, two adults £136.20.

For my summer tour this year I am spending 30 days (29 Nights) touring Scotland on a combination of CC and C&CC sites (one on fully serviced pitch). Total cost of pitches for 29 nights £583.70 :Cool:

12. vwalan

vwalan Funster

just like vindyboy had 5 months spain and portugal .only used a campsite once just to see what its like. hello vindy see you again somewhere some when. did meet a few funsters ,missed some by minutes . rollon winter was asked twice to move in portugal . lots places to stop so never worry about it. have fun we did. cheers alan

13. vindiboy

vindiboy Funster

Hi Alan,wondered when you would surface again, great trip wasn't it ,we were lucky didn't get moved on once,who worries anyway.met lots of like minded people and made new friends, that's what it's all about isn't it.:thumb::thumb::thumb:We are members of the Camping and Caravan Club , I think it's a great club, we use DA meets and temporary holiday sites a lot when in England especially when wandering around as no booking required usually and always a warm welcome assured.The clubs sites are great too you get what you pay for,we don't use the main sites much but they are there when we want to use them.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

14. jaygee

jaygee Funster

which site did you use near Eden project ? - we are thinking of visiting.

15. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi, i used to be in c&cc but found their prices too expensive.havnt used a site in uk for years ,except for a meeting or the likes. use one near looe with the bongo fury club.spent the last month 6 weeks in galicia ,asturis,cantarbria . nice weather, quiet,lots of nice beaches for fishing n snorkelling.even a bit of surfing.got back last friday. have fun we do. purple bob leaves for fort william tomorrow .cu sn alan

16. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi, i happen to live not far from eden project anybody needing an odd night let me know we can sqeeze a couple of campers in the drive/garden if nec. we are about 3 mile from eden. possibly more in a friends down the road. cheers alan.

17. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Strewth that is a lot of lolly !!

Booked in January for mid August, 25ft van etc etc... £64.00 Will be doing the Rhine and the Moselle ( may pop over to Northern Italy if the urge takes us ).. Would expect the 3 or 4 weeks to come to about £650 apart from grub ...Van does about 24mpg

18. Braunston

Braunston Read Only Funster

Hi,

I am a member of the C&CC and I must admit the site fees do seem to have escalated over the last 2 years, but on balance we use their home and contents insurance with 180 days away and it saves us against our original insurance over £100 so for £35 membership its a good deal.

Its also worth comparing food, material goods and repairs etc. if you want to make a direct comparison between the UK and Europe not just the price of Campsites or Aires or Wild Camping as that can be done in the UK with a certain amount of constraint, its got to be made against a basket of items, and I think you may find the UK more competitive overall.

19. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi, braunston. you are correct .uk is about the cheapest place in europe today.
    i noticed it last year and its more so now.
    uk as never been a better place to buy most things .
    shame about the weather in winter .
    if uk was as warm as med spain /algarve is in winter we would not have to dissapear for months.
    uk is very beautifull lots of interesting places but the cold in winter is too cold.
    cheers alan

20. Lincolnshire Rover

Lincolnshire Rover Read Only Funster

Last year we had 12 weeks in France on 5 trips using ASCI / CC sites and Aires 2 of the trips were to the south of France all via Eurotunnel total cost from leaving home and return £1500.00 ie £300 per trip on average so as you can guess its back to Europe again this year hopefully starting this Friday if the fridge gets fixed.:thumb: