C b radio

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by froghopper, Jun 28, 2013.

1. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

Help. Have used rigs in trucks for years. Have one in Moho. Tried all sorts. Went back to supplier he checked it. Seems ok, but?? What is this bit about when I switch from am to fm or travel in other countries I have to change the frequency as well as am . Fm. Think iambeing run round the houses. Surely they cant have changed that much, also, which channel is most used in general. Used to be 19. Cheers

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

If it has a 27/81 label then its the original UK only "legal" frequencies.
    They then bought out CEPT sets that were meant to be used within Europe.

I doubt anyone even checks such things nowerdays.. I used to travel to Netherlands every month in my motorhome and stocked up with Radio equipment. Dover customs seem to stop me every time but was more interested in case I had fags and booze ( drugs as well I guess)..

Whoever told you was maybe just trying to give you some up front advise as to the legalities.
    TECHNICALLY and Legally you need a specific radio with a stamp, even if your CB still covers the frequencies that does not count BUT your chances of being stopped and checked for that are remote..

3. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Oh it is long and drawn out! In effect, they harmonised european frequencies with cept- and we are waiting to catch up on the am/ssb side of things.

It is not illegal to own, or sell an AM set, or multiband but is to use it on the am setting. You need to FM uk40 channels for uk. You can use am 12w in europe - but I bleive it is licensed over there - whereas here it isn't.

I seem to recall a slight change in frequencies, but I would have to check to be sure.

4. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

cruiser

I have used my fm rig all over the continent.the police have never been intrested in my rig.whenever they have stoped me.or the customs.:BigGrin:

5. Leftlegger

Leftlegger Funster

Ditto with ssb :Smile:
    or is that a bit naughty :whistle:

6. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

Cb radio

Thank you very much funsters, always an answer