Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I love a bargain as I expect you all do. I have spent a fortune on Ebay over the past 12 years.. I have a feedback that runs in to 3,000 - mainly purchases (not sold anything in 18 months). If it is something for my motor home I love it. At the moment I have a bid in on a totally un-needed spare part, doubt I will ever use it (I hope) but got to have a go at 99p (£2.75 postage) .. I have a spares box (well to be honest two of them now) and it is amazing what I have... I ordered a new clear 90 degree dump valve angle unit recently.. I put it in the locker to find I already had two of them.:RollEyes: - I know why the boss keeps saying do you need this? of course dear, be stuck without it if the one of the RV broke. You know what I mean. So come on be honest.. what junk (useful, essential ) bit of spares have you got?

Bob AKA Sour Puss Bob by some.... just because I do not like topgear and Clarkson!!:Eeek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You don't have to explain yourself Bob, it's a perfectly natural practice ::bigsmile:

In fact, anyone visiting a MH show is flagrantly breaking the rules if they fail to spend money on a "well I'll probably find a use for it somewhere, some time" purchase ::bigsmile:

Bob AKA Sour Puss Bob by some.... just because I do not like topgear and Clarkson!!:Eeek:

Don't have to excuse that either - shows good sense :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We usually buy a few motorhome home bits at the shows to sell later for 1/3 of the price (if we are lucky) :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
mmmmmm let me think................I never buy any thing I don't need.........I never buy any thing I don't use...........Well at least that what I tell the wife.

I must own up to owning enough different kind s of polish to open a shop or start my own valleting company, (no I am not Cosavon) and more than enough quantity of useful hose conectors..........you know the ones look good in the packet leak like a sieve:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My problem is it dosn't stop at motorhomes...........1 garden, 3 lawnmowers, 4 strimmers...........plus I hate gardening.

Tools being an ex motor engineer I do love my tools..........unfortunatly my local snap-on man knows my office address...........he brings all kind of exspensive goodies EVERY WEEK.............now these have to be snook into the garage and put in the tool box before the wife makes the kitchen from the living room...........that brings me to tool box's most motor engineers will have one stacking system and as the years go by they will exchange them for bigger ones..................nobody told me I was supposed to get rid of my old ones I now have 4 over 80,000cubic inches of tool storage.

Bugger I think I need a bigger garage.........please note not house, I could go on but I think I have already done that.

See you all on e-bay.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

All the best Rick and Rosie

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
So what was I purchased

mmmmmm let me think................I never buy any thing I don't need.........I never buy any thing I don't use...........Well at least that what I tell the wife.

I must own up to owning enough different kind s of polish to open a shop or start my own valleting company, (no I am not Cosavon) and more than enough quantity of useful hose conectors..........you know the ones look good in the packet leak like a sieve:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My problem is it dosn't stop at motorhomes...........1 garden, 3 lawnmowers, 4 strimmers...........plus I hate gardening.

Tools being an ex motor engineer I do love my tools..........unfortunatly my local snap-on man knows my office address...........he brings all kind of exspensive goodies EVERY WEEK.............now these have to be snook into the garage and put in the tool box before the wife makes the kitchen from the living room...........that brings me to tool box's most motor engineers will have one stacking system and as the years go by they will exchange them for bigger ones..................nobody told me I was supposed to get rid of my old ones I now have 4 over 80,000cubic inches of tool storage.

Bugger I think I need a bigger garage.........please note not house, I could go on but I think I have already done that.

See you all on e-bay.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

All the best Rick and Rosie

For the princely sum of £6.05 including postage (£2.75) I got an A& E awning leg support. start off at £.99p and some idot bid me up to £3.30... Anyway Sorry to my normal suppliers, but at £3.30 compared to £19.00 on certain R V dealer sites today I got the bargain.. will I use it? doubtful, but I do have a spare in case.

It is like a women always saying I bought that ages ago, you never take any notice..yea heard that a few times... shoes, do not start me on shoes.. I remember one trip to Holland and 6 pairs came back from Edam in one afternoon. So what if I have four cowboy hats... they have lasted me a long long time, like years. We do bulk dumps at the shoe banks due to the large amount of them in the bedrooms..and what about handbags?

So a spare awning leg support is a snipe at £6.05.

He with the most toys wins...

Bob ...AKA Sour PUSS Bob on the account I do not like Top gear and Clarkson

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I love a bargain as I expect you all do. I have spent a fortune on Ebay over the past 12 years.. I have a feedback that runs in to 3,000 - mainly purchases (not sold anything in 18 months). If it is something for my motor home I love it. At the moment I have a bid in on a totally un-needed spare part, doubt I will ever use it (I hope) but got to have a go at 99p (£2.75 postage) .. I have a spares box (well to be honest two of them now) and it is amazing what I have... I ordered a new clear 90 degree dump valve angle unit recently.. I put it in the locker to find I already had two of them.:RollEyes: - I know why the boss keeps saying do you need this? of course dear, be stuck without it if the one of the RV broke. You know what I mean. So come on be honest.. what junk (useful, essential ) bit of spares have you got?

I buy to fit/replace Bob...

Have to when and where they are available...

I have a few spares for the cars..but bought at a VERY good price....

Steve

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
It arrived in the post

I buy to fit/replace Bob...

Have to when and where they are available...

I have a few spares for the cars..but bought at a VERY good price....

Steve

I paid £3.20 plus postage... it arrived when I got b ack from Malvern and it was still in it's original packing marked up at £24.99 .. boy talk about expensive for a small bit of metal..anyway it cost me under a fiver and that is good.

I spent a fortune at Malvern.. you wonder what on, but we did do a list and it added up and yes I was shocked. All those must have and do not really need. But that is camping for you... dealers at Bath & West and Lincoln are going to get a lean time... no more to spend except for a few cable ties.

Bob:Blush:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Must haves, lists, we arrived at Malvern with one thing to pick up, some sealant from Duncan (cheers Duncan:thumb:) and that was it, so....

Sealant
Awning deflapers (posh ones:Doh:)
Sinch straps
Spare water heater plugs (go on Jim guess why:ROFLMAO:)
Tap inserts (one starting to go)
flag pole
spinny thing for end of flag pole
Fun flag, acceptable
Kite, SWMBO, don't ask me
Marker light, don't need now but might:Blush:
New sandle/flip flop/croc thingys for SWMBO

And a new bloomin GoRVing catalogue:Doh: The book might be 'free' in theory but it invariably ends up costing:Doh::Doh:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
"If I didnt need it yesterday I wont need it today" is my motto so no I dont buy what I dont need

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back