Free Member
Mar 20, 2017
Australia
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
As a non EU resident looking to buy a motorhome in Europe I came across this company which states that they can set up Registration/Insurance etc for me without being restricted to a buy/back agreement. Has anyone heard anything about them or had experience with them. http://www.dutchcampervans.com/
Also does anyone know of similar companys elsewhere in Europe.

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
G'day. I see that you are from Australia. I had a look at the site and it seems like a good deal. I would contact the references that are on the site and get there opinions. In the Netherlands you can register and insure a motorhome by the month, which means that while it is in storage you don't have to pay. Some storage places may require that you you keep up the insurance. Not sure if you are planning a one of trip or several. Warning motorhoming in Europe can be addictive, we are now planning trip number 9. Good luck with the planning and finding a suitable motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Regarding prices in Holland as I understand it from taking to a Dutch couple, there is a very large luxury tax on motorhomes in Holland, therefore manufactures sell to Dutch dealers at reduced prices (by comparison to other EU countries) to try and keep the price down.

When the dealers sell for export, there is no tax and they are then able to pass on this reduction

OP
OP
S

stinger9

Free Member
Mar 20, 2017
Australia
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thankyou for the info. After contact with the company it would appear worthwhile to pursue further however, I did get the feeling that they prefer to work with older and cheaper MH rather than high end. If buying mid/high end then selling on consignment after the year limit is up maybe the way to go, as buyback which could be as much as 60% which seems to be alot for peace of mind and speedy settlement. Am I wrong? Has anyone had experience in buyback arrangements in Europe on late model MH around the 60,000Euro mark?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back