Jun 10, 2015
motherwell
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
hi everybody.
Recently joined and was looking for some pointers regarding buying my first motorhome.
I have budget of around £20.000 and was wondering what to expect for this amount.
Have no experience what so ever and have been checking online .
Would seem that although to me this is a lot of money that motor homes are for this amount relatively older vehicles.
So is this just the lay of the land regarding motor homes or should I maybe be better buying new.
This would entail getting into debt that I'm normally against doing.
But have such s desire to own motorhome that I would probably seriously consider doing so.
So any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks for your patience .

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The last thing you need is a brand new van till you have experienced the nature of mhing, get yourself a van around 10 grand or even less to find out if it's what you want, get out and about to see exactly what you want , very few buyers buy the right van first off, in fact many say you have to have three before you get it right, a new van will lose thousands as soon as it comes off the forecourt, but you will more than likely get all your money back on a good cheapy.

Reactions: f6c

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
If you pay your tenner on here there is a wealth of knowledge and expertise to assist you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you don't mind LHD have a look at buying in Germany you will get a much newer van for your cash.

Link Removed

I don't like the idea of borrowing money for vehicles as you are paying interest on a depreciating asset, prefer to save up until we can afford to buy.
If you do decide to buy new don't get swayed into buying some of the cheap new vans better to get a slightly older quality van, only exception being some of the German budget vans e.g. Carado, Hymer's budget brand can get a new one for about 30k (about 40k in UK).

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not suggesting you rush out and buy but something like this, subject to a good damp test would be quite adequate for a starter van
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

James65

Free Member
Jun 10, 2015
motherwell
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Looks good for the price . And will on thinking about it go down the road you suggested .
Will look about for something around the 10g mark .thanks again for your kind response .

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
hello smiley.gif
From Glasgow

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Make sure you take a damp meter with you and a good nose too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back