Buying a new MH in Germany do dealers discount

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jimiol, Sep 14, 2016.

1. jimiol

jimiol Funster

Hi I was wondering if anyone has experience of buying a new MH from Germany? Do dealers discount and if so what sort of percentage?
    I've found a sonic 2017 model I like but when I have contacted the sellers they will throw in some extra but don't offer any further discounts, is this the norm? Do dealers in the uk discount? The last time I bought a new vehicle was 1986 and I'm guessing things might have changed since then!!

2. lorger

lorger Funster

I bought new from a German dealer at the beginning of the year and managed to get a decent discount.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StitchesnFluff

StitchesnFluff Funster

Can you let us know the dealer s name?

• Like Like x 1
  4. jimiol

jimiol Funster

What % roughly please?

5. jimiol

jimiol Funster

Is this question aimed at me or the person who did get a decent discount?
    I've just tried a couple via contact forms on mobile de

6. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

I am sure it will depend on the models they are selling, any discount already applied to the screen price, manufacturers incentive schemes etc etc, BUT after all that I have just been offered 10% off a Concorde in Germany, no part exchange of course.

Martin

• Like Like x 1
  7. gerry mcg

gerry mcg Funster

We got 5% discount off list price of a RHD UK spec Globecar 600L revolution factory order from GErman dealer https://www.duemo-duelmen.de/ (dealing with Dominik Noll) ;)

It was applied without asking - For globecars (don't know about other brands) he said they have a 10% margin and take 5% profit and 5% to customer

• Like Like x 1
  8. lorger

lorger Funster

We bought ours from Duemo and then put the other poster on to them. If your buying off the forecourt then it was possible to get up to 20% or so i was told by a fellow funster who's sadly no longer with us, I personally was offer max 15% for an in stock van.
    Like the other Gerry who has posted above we went for a UK spec RHD van and managed to squeeze a good bit as a discount but I'd be lying if i told you the exact percentage as it was last September when we placed the order.
    I did think it was near to 10% for the van and for accessories it depended on what they were and if they were factory fitted or dealer fitted.

We used the same dealer and agent as the above poster and recommended them to him so I would have no hesitation in recommending them again and I'm sure they do Adria's.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Wagoneer

Wagoneer Funster

In 2002 I purchased a new LHD Hymer from Palmowski, Bielefeld, Germany. I received a discount of 10% which included an extensive list of accessories.

The discount, as I understand, is because you won't be popping back every 5 minutes for warranty work. In those days, it wasn't normal practice to have warranty work undertaken by a UK dealership, only by the supplying Dealer. That has now changed and most European MH manufacturers offer a Pan- European warranty agreement.

So, the discounts available now may be less.

We dealt with a guy called Julian who spoke perfect English and was very helpful. Don't know whether he still works there.

One thing to consider is the insurance aspect from your foreign dealership to UK. We could only purchase 3rd party for the European leg. You can get it transported to the Port by low-loader or even to your home - at a price. Bundersvan who are based in the UK also offer this service.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Speve

Speve Funster

We bought your new Exsis through Bundesvan last year we were able to get a huge €19000 off and ended up paying around £52000 for everything including their fees with tax and registration sorted and delivered to our home.
    I would not hessitate in recommending them it took all the hassle out of importing at a really good price.(y)(y)(y)(y)

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. bellabee

bellabee Funster

Probably, the amount of discount you can get will depend on the advertised price on mobile.de. You will, no doubt, have noticed that advertised prices of very similar vehicles can very widely between dealers. Some seem to apply discounts before advertising, and you might expect to get a small additional discount from them, whereas others ask higher prices and then may be prepared to apply a generous discount when asked.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Speve

Speve Funster

Our van came from Ulrich Dürrwang really helpful company(y)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. dicksob

dicksob Funster

As above just visited the Durrwang dealership in Dortmund, big discounts being offered on their 2016 models if that's any help.
    Bill

• Like Like x 2
  14. BillM

BillM Funster

We worked out our new vehicle spec, including extras, and sent the same spec to several UK, Belgian and German dealers, asking for their best price. Durrwang in Dortmund gave us the best quote, and are experienced in exporting....

• Like Like x 2