Buying A New Mh From The Dusseldorf Show (1 Viewer)

Fergus

Free Member
Jun 21, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Wannabe
Exp
I am thinking of doing the same with similar vehicle. Would be interested to find out how you get on. Will be visiting the show this year in September.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So Lenny I can see the grief and stupidity with the VAT proof, what experience makes you contradict the guy at the DVLA who told me not to worry about boxes I did not understand, leave them blank and they will complete them? Thanks.

Apart from the odd one or two the majority are useless. I could write pages on them . They'll tell you anything .Unfit for purpose.
Hopefully you'll be the exception.(y)

as for forms..do not sweat blood! leave blank anything your not positive on (which will be a lot) and they will do it...photocopy everything and send registered signed for.

Yep & that doesn't work either as they "sign " for the whole sack. They told one bloke that there was " nothing in the envelope " that they signed for :LOL:

One bloke I know, who deals with them almost daily, now employs a courier who videos everything from the actual documents right through to the person receiving delivery . Comes to something when you've got to use a "chain of evidence "system because they are such inveterate liars !:mad:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oh i know the depth of their incompetence believe me! Once I got the lot back saying it was incomplete with missing evidence...went through it and everything was there..DVLA are the only problem with importing...all else straight forward.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It was the closure of local offices that caused this. Previously it was OK. Swansea were dropped in the deep end, with untrained front of house staff reading parrot fashion from scripts, you had to call back repeatedly to get to another level of assistance as they would rather hang up on you then admit defeat and refer you to someone who knew what they were talking about. I could write a book on them :(

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It was the closure of local offices that caused this. Previously it was OK. Swansea were dropped in the deep end, with untrained front of house staff reading parrot fashion from scripts, you had to call back repeatedly to get to another level of assistance as they would rather hang up on you then admit defeat and refer you to someone who knew what they were talking about. I could write a book on them :(
When you post a v55/4 do you just put DVLA on the envelope or something like "New vehicle registrations" for example.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yep & that doesn't work either as they "sign " for the whole sack. They told one bloke that there was " nothing in the envelope " that they signed for :LOL:
True, in theory if they have signed for they have admitted to receiving it, but still doesn't help when dealing with people who are not allowed to think for themselves
When you post a v55/4 do you just put DVLA on the envelope or something like "New vehicle registrations" for example.
The Postcode defines which section it goes to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back