Buying a motor home advice - CI Top Class..? (1 Viewer)

Dr Wolfenstein

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we are newbies
Hi all,

Newbies here looking for our first motor home, with the intention of touring Europe for a year with our two children aged 3 and 1. We have seen the CI Mizar Gtl Living and really like the layout. (Bunks and nice big lounge area).

We are looking at two options, one is the Top Class version. Just wondered what the difference between top class & non, the only difference I can see is it has alloys instead of steels. The top class one is a year newer (56) and £2,500 more expensive. Anyone with the same model or similar?

Thanks in advance.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi there can't really help you with the CI but a couple on here Ralph and Bev have the top of the range one and I know they love it. I'm sure they will be along and answer your question soon, I think there away for the weekend in the middle of nowhere so may not have Internet.

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We had a Riviera Garage & loved it.Looked at a Mizar Garage but decided on the Adria.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi Tess
I answered your pm this morning, it can't have gone to you. So I've sent it again.
Hi we're away in ours been to tann hill inn highest pub in the uk , Thursday. Hawes village Friday and were at pateley bridge now. Been on some very steep very narrow, very hair pinny roads. But we made our destinations. Ralph says the new breaks are well bedded in now !
It would have been so much easier with a panel van ! But we have to wait a few more years yet.

As far as I'm aware top class was a dealer special.
So it had lots of extras. The beige fabric did wear a lot better than the burgandy, hence us reupholstering ours. But it was an earlier model.
Check out the build quality ( units) they may differ , the new version is very light weight , caravan like cupboards. But I think that's 2007/8 onwards.
Also does it have webasto diesel heating , winterisation , prob has diff graphics , no bike rack , no alloys like you say? Size of engine 2.8turbo jtd engine?
I seem to think it looks the same internally , layout wise.
Ours is a 2006 and has 26k on the clock , 1 previous owner.
That's all we can think of , in a Theakstons fuddled stupor.
Good luck , as I said shame your wanting one now. Not in a couple of years!

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the top class range will hold its value better as its more desireable, but both are good vans that would be ideal for a young family. be aware of payload allowances though and always but always check thoroughly for damp with your own meter before paying a penny.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dr Wolfenstein

Dr Wolfenstein

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we are newbies
Thanks all, Bev i did get your message in the end, many thanks!

I think the only option might be to view them both. The fabric on the non Top Class one looks much better. And it is nearer. And cheaper! But like you say we won't be sure of the differences unless we view both.

I will let you know the outcome, thanks again!

Tess

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
This is a very difficult thread to respond to. For we are all so different in what we want from our vans. Price? Layout? Quality? Looks (don't underestimate this one)?
The moment someone points out the vices of a make, someone else who has spent tens of thousands of pounds on that very model, will point out its strengths.
Most of us know the vans to avoid by the number of complaint threads and perhaps this would be the best advice I could give. Look for any model you are interested in and add 'problems' or other such words.
Over the last few years some models have had problems with damp floors but people still buy them, even knowing that. Your question is a good one but not one that is easy to diplomatically answer.

Alan

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
After sleeping on it , Ralph seems to think that the air ride suspension , and a weight limit upgrade , came as a mizar gtl top class up grade. Ours has both.
I know ours is damp free , but I do know that as with all motor homes damp can be a problem. As the previous poster said.

So yes , if buying any Motorhome , google serious faults found within them. Your bound to get lots of problems with any model.
How ever
" considerably better than yaw ! "
the model is supposed to be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread