norrie14

Free Member
Apr 24, 2011
glasgow
Funster No
MH
roller team
Exp
hi well I have had my self build a bit now I want different layout do I sell van which has been trouble free and start again or take interior out and start again the van has cost about £6500 the labour was a project as I needed something to do over winter any thoughts what would you do

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
personal opinion from someone who wouldnt know how to start building a self build

If the vehicle is trouble free and you can remodel it yourself then do it yourself.

You will end up with EXACT layout you want, built to your quality standard and there is always the extra satisfaction of looking at a completed job that is the result of all your own work.

Oh yes, and you will save a fortune especially as you could always sell your previous interior as it may well suit another less experienced self builder.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
hi well I have had my self build a bit now I want different layout do I sell van which has been trouble free and start again or take interior out and start again the van has cost about £6500 the labour was a project as I needed something to do over winter any thoughts what would you do

if the van is a good base and your happy with it

then a rebuild is the way forward

you know the van all the expensive bits are there

not nescacerilly in the right place granted

toilet door can become a storage locker

and you know what they say

a self build is never finished just between adjustments

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you built it yourself, as opposed to buying it ready built, then you know how it went together and where everything is so should be no problem dismantling it.

commercially built motorhomes have so many hidden furniture fixings and nobody knows where the water, gas and electric cable runs are hidden so can be a daunting task

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back