Buy nearly new or unregistered 2011 model? (1 Viewer)

Bibimac

Free Member
Jun 16, 2012
Twickenham
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Hiring since 2003 - time to buy!
Hello, I'm looking at buying a Swift Sundance 630L and wondering whether to go for a nearly new model with just a few thousand miles on the clock or a brand new model which is discounted because it's last year's edition?

Both standard spec, the used one has a bike rack fitted but no other accessories.

The new one is £4000 more.

It could come down to the price or extras I can negotiate with the dealers concerned but appreciate any views on whether it's worth stretching the budget?

Thanks very much for your advice!
Bibimac

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Personally after buying brand new I would say the nearly new would be a better option, apart from the lower price the first owner should have had all the inevitable 'bugs' sorted out. :winky:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hello, I'm looking at buying a Swift Sundance 630L and wondering whether to go for a nearly new model with just a few thousand miles on the clock or a brand new model which is discounted because it's last year's edition?
Both standard spec, the used one has a bike rack fitted but no other accessories.
The new one is £4000 more.
It could come down to the price or extras I can negotiate with the dealers concerned but appreciate any views on whether it's worth stretching the budget?
Thanks very much for your advice!
Bibimac
If you are only talking about 4 grand then I would go for the new one, piece of mind comes with the new one. Lets face it only the seller will know the vans true history. I know of a couple of people myself included that have mistakenly filled the tank with petrol. I was immediately aware but some dont know until permanent damage has been done. Damage that might not show for a year or two.
The chances are that the van will be A1 but is it worth just 4 grand to know for sure.:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Before you buy either it might be worth waiting a little bit to see what the impact of the weaker Euro has on new European imports. They are bound to be cheaper.

Obviously if you are set on the Swift then I would go with the new one I think.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I have heard that the new models are coming down in price due to lack of new sales and the 2013 models are just about to hit the market.

Apparently this is also going to have a knock on effect on 2nd hand prices.

Dont know how true this all is but it appears Rimor are no longer importing into the UK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back