Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
As many of you know Me and Siân hope to sell up here and buy a property in France. But to do that we must first sell our property in Wales. We've only had two viewings in 18 months so we have sacked our estate agent and will be marketing it ourselves.

I've been working on a website today, and it's a work in progress but please take a look and tell me where you think I might improve what I've done already. I'm just building some more web pages that describe the local area. There are lots of photos but its auto-scaling so should even load on your phone, if you are on a slow connection though it will annoy you::bigsmile:
http://welshfarmhouseforsale.co.uk/

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
A lovely place and situation. Pity we haven't won the lottery. Best of luck in selling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Only thing that springs to mind immediately is that it needs a location map.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Looks pretty good to me, Jim... :thumb:

And after 20 moves in so many years, I`m an authority... :winky:

The only critisym is the photo in the kitchen...... put the four brown chairs down the side`s and the cream ones.... one at each end..... I know your not selling the furniture but atheseticaly (that's not spelt right, I know :Sad:) to the eye...

Cant help on the area.... I think the photo`s say`s it all.... Beautiful... :thumb:

And a couple of flowers in the pots out side the front door... :thumb:

Few ash trays scattered around would look homely... and chop that bloody fir tree down at the end of the reformed barn.... some one could get hurt walking into that on a dark night... :winky::ROFLMAO:

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
House Sale

Hi Jim
We tried to sell our House in a famous North Yorkshire Coast village- our sticking point was Rightmove- obviously where everyone looks when searching for a house.
To enable us to advertise on there we used an agent called
http://www.housenetwork.co.uk/

They were very good and we had a lot of interest, don,t know what the coverage is in Wales.
Good luck with your sale, it looks a beautiful house

Sue

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Fantastic opportunity for someone who has the money Jim, and a very professional ad.
Hope someone comes along soon and you both get the chance to make the move you want :Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Jim.... would it be of any benefit as an aid to selling...

To mention the 5 van CL... or what ever you have... :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Looks good to me Jim.:thumb:

If it doesn't work on that site have you thought of using a high end agent like Savilles?

They might well have a list of clients looking to escape to the Country.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
The 3 "full screen" photos at the top of the page are excellent.
If all the photos of the property could be viewed in full screen that would be even better.

When looking at properties I also like if there is a floorplan option to view.
This gives an immediate and real "feel" for the internal layout of the property to potential buyers.

Best of luck....:thumb:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Jim and Sian,

I think you've done a good job with the photos - I would suggest another photo of the kitchen, it's difficult to see it properly from the angle of the photo. I agree with Mo, move the chairs around to put the two beige ones at either end!

Such a pity we didn't win that big Euromillions, you would have had all of us knocking on your door! :roflmto:

Hope you get it sold and move onto your next adventure.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I was going to say the same as Sir Old Mo and mention the 5 van site as I think this would be a great selling point. We stayed at a hotel nearby to your place for our daughters graduation and the other couple staying there were on a three week tour of the area looking to buy a place with land which they could use for small camp site and a small holding so there are buyers out there looking for what you are offering. Good luck with the sale. :thumb:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
As others have said - lovely place and price:thumb:

Only thing I would change are the dark colours in kitchen and lounge.............Magnolia rules !

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Nice place Jim, and not too far away from where my parents used to live in Mydroilyn. It took them ages to sell their house too, agents ( in Aberaeron) were useless, They ended up putting it in Country Life and with another agent and it sold pretty quickly.
Anyway, good luck, we are trying to sell ours too and moving to France. We have had loads of viewings, just no one with a suitcase full of cash yet.............

Allan

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Hi Jim, what a lovely property....but personally I think some of the pics are not doing it justice. a few of the pics have something clipping them in the right hand bottom of the screen, a couple are bled out through over exposure. I am a perfectionist BTW. There is a bit to much flash used in some of the pics which is making the interior look a bit stark on a few of them (the bedroom ones) and the first lounge one. The kitchen is definately not looking at it's best and needs a re-do.

I am sure your place will sell itself but a few more 'cozy' ambient light pics will maybe help.
Some tips here http://www.mcpactions.com/blog/2011/12/14/5-photography-tips-for-successful-interior-design-photos/

dont take this as a criticism of the photographer :thumb:

Last edited:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
(1) need floor plans of each building and each floor with the building, showing general layout and approx sizes.

(2) availability of local services, eg schools, pubs, shops, garages, bus and other public transport services.

(3) wider area services, leisure facilities, beaches, horse riding etc.

(4) more photos, aim to at least double what you have.

(5) no mention made of the CL on site and potential income from it.

That's all that springs to mind at the moment.

Best of luck.

Peter

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
It is a beautiful property & the photos & website are great. The best estate agent I've ever seen is this (mate of my son-in-law) & it's all in the lighting I reckon:

http://www.elephantlovesbristol.co.uk

We are in a similar position although our house is only £299,000 (!). This is ours

Broken Link Removed

Our game plan, after we sell/or let, is to take on a long-term let in France so we've time to browse areas in Hettie the Hymer AND wait for the £ to buy us more Euros! This means we can move quickly & that can help a sale maybe.

I wonder a little about how hard/easy your place is to keep in order re the 10 acres-imagining friendly farmer grazing sheep-or hours mowing...no idea really! Also for us, we're 50 minutes away from London Kings Cross so in a potential commuter area-if folks can afford the rail fare!

I wonder whether a Swansea/Cardiff commuter might fancy your property? Maybe more about area attractions & how far away they are?

Anyway, hope some of this helps &

Good Luck,

Roger

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Jim, my brother has a huge house in Pembrokeshire which he will be selling in the not too distant future and he is going to have the same problem as you selling. It's not about whether it's a nice house or not , it's just that there is limited demand in Wales for property at that price as people just don't have the money. His house is on 4 levels with 6 bedrooms all with a stunning sea view. Its a footballers house not least because footballers are just about the only people in Wales that can afford such places.

Obviously you are close to Swansea and they have a team in the Premier league so have you thought of the possibility of trying to find details of agents who act for Swansea City players and just firing the details off to them. They might have players rolling in money looking for something suitable. Sweeten it with a promise of a percentage cut and you might just get lucky. Footballers like the thought of looking the country gent ( remember Vinnie Jones and his huntin, fishin look:Doh:)

Long shot I know, but nothing ventured etc.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Fantastic pics Jim!:thumb:

Its extremely good luck you weren't at a Funster rally on the only day of the year it doesn't rain in Wales!:roflmto:

We'll give you a call when I get a job as a banker!::bigsmile:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Get that posh tart from the telly to put it on as a mystery house. On second thoughts,the ones that my wife has made me watch seems to include clueless dreamers with more money than sense.
I would love that place and I could a red tractor. I am just £200k short!:cry::cry:

Last edited:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Jim, my brother has a huge house in Pembrokeshire which he will be selling in the not too distant future and he is going to have the same problem as you selling. It's not about whether it's a nice house or not , it's just that there is limited demand in Wales for property at that price as people just don't have the money. His house is on 4 levels with 6 bedrooms all with a stunning sea view. Its a footballers house not least because footballers are just about the only people in Wales that can afford such places.

Obviously you are close to Swansea and they have a team in the Premier league so have you thought of the possibility of trying to find details of agents who act for Swansea City players and just firing the details off to them. They might have players rolling in money looking for something suitable. Sweeten it with a promise of a percentage cut and you might just get lucky. Footballers like the thought of looking the country gent ( remember Vinnie Jones and his huntin, fishin look:Doh:)

Long shot I know, but nothing ventured etc.

What about rugby players ? are there any of those in Wales?

House looks great , I'm sure it well sell pretty quickly if put with the right agent.Just a sign of the times at the moment as not a lot selling.Maybe the government would offer me a "help to buy scheme ". I will look into it.:Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
What about rugby players ? are there any of those in Wales?

House looks great , I'm sure it well sell pretty quickly if put with the right agent.Just a sign of the times at the moment as not a lot selling.Maybe the government would offer me a "help to buy scheme ". I will look into it.:Smile:

All the Welsh players with money are looking for property in France:Sad:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Nice add, I agree about a floor plan and maybe a local area map with proximity to local services. You certainly get some bang for your buck in rural Wales.
Pity Chris is not coming up for retirement.:Smile: Good luck.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Nice add, I agree about a floor plan and maybe a local area map with proximity to local services. You certainly get some bang for your buck in rural Wales.
Pity Chris is not coming up for retirement.:Smile: Good luck.

Pity Chris couldn't afford it even if he was coming up to retirement:Sad:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
As others have said - lovely place and price:thumb:

Only thing I would change are the dark colours in kitchen and lounge.............Magnolia rules !

I totally agree! A neutral paint job would be much better here.

Rest of the house and photos are fab. What stunning views you have!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back