Butlins Minehead

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Ambilkate, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Ambilkate

Ambilkate Funster Life Member

Butlins Minehead,

Have been sent a list of dates and prices for their touring park. We have had a bargain Mon to Fri in June for 55.00 pounds, That includes electric, and all facilities in the park, You have to book before February 19th to get 15% of. There are a number of weeks at 65.00 pounds.

We enjoyed it last year Amanda likes the shows. The touring section is at the end of the butlins site and it can be a bit of a walk but Amanda has her disability scooter so we ok. :thumb:

2. Peter James

Peter James Read Only Funster

Its not far from Minehead town which is very nice too :thumb:

3. lazydays

lazydays Read Only Funster

I'll have to look into this one, sounds good

4. Ambilkate

The telephone number is 01643 700515 open mon to fri only.

5. ddavewoods

ddavewoods Read Only Funster

stayed there a couple of times in our caravan before we became motorhomers, the site is very basic but the advantage of entry to butlins makes up for it.
    the caravan club site is also very nice at minehead.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  6. jezport

jezport Funster

The CCC site is nice at Minehead but not for big rigs or caravans, just small to medium MHs and tents due to narrow steep twisty access.

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Be advised, I've seen that The Dark Side are known to occupy that site at times. You go at your own peril.

You must know by now, but be in no doubt that there are no exceptions, FUN does not deal with kidnappers. If you fall into their hands, FUN will not pay your ransom, if we did FUNsters would be disappearing off camp sites all over Europe.

If you must go then I believe Jim can allocated a bodyguard team to you at a preferential price, but still not cheap by any means.

8. Ambilkate

Thanks for the advice, we will go prepared :Cool:, we have some motorhomefun cards to hand out. hee hee

9. madbluemad

madbluemad

I remember years ago, June was heavy with child and so we decided to be safe and stay in the uk. Specifically Butlins Minehead.:cry:

We were located next to the helicopter pad, the one that they used for tourist trips. (I use the word tourists very, very loosley) :Doh:

I could go on but were already scarred for life, Is there such a condition as Butlins Trauma :shout:

Jim
    :Sad:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  10. Ambilkate

Oh my god what have we let our selves in for, a holiday or a nightmare :Doh:

11. hereford bull

hereford bull Read Only Funster

I stayed there a few years ago the touring site is basic if i remember the loo blocks wernt great but we were in the rv so we had all our own .They parked us on a big area that had had static caravans on i think there had been a lake there but had been filled in we parked on the concrete pads we had quite a few curtains twitching when we drove 2 36 ft rvs through butlins past the chalets we had a great time and you will too

12. adenough

adenough Read Only Funster

I remember taking the kids ther when they were young in the 80s. We all loved it. In the hi-de-hi chalets. It was great then. The nicest Butlins site in our view. The prom and Minehead town were a delight. Probably changed for the worst now.

13. Ambilkate

Just thought we would give you an update for those of you who may be interested in butlins Minehead. We enjoyed our stay at butlins the site was ok clean and staff very friendly and helpful. We did see 1 helicopter land while we were there on the feild opposite the site. The entertainment was enjoyable and the use of all facilities was well worth the 55 pounds we paid for mon to fri. Amanda had a great time and enjoyed all the shows. The only downfall was it was quite a walk as the campsite is right at the other end of the complex. It was a good job there was electric included, we were able to charge up the scooter. We shall go again when the special rates are on.

14. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Glad you had a good time. I like Butlins, its sort of tacky but good a bit like a day out at Blackpool, only problem is those of us whom have kids and are bound by school holidays cant afford it, way to expensive, you done the right thing going in June.:thumb:

15. acting_strange

acting_strange

I was at Butlins Minehead in 1970/71 with my wife to be and it burnt down on the last night we were there during a massive thunderstorm.

Aaaaaaaahhhh happy memories:Rofl1:

16. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

Jeesh! Most people just fill in a complaint form and ask for a refund :Laughing: