Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hi, we spent the weekend in manchester visiting our son. We stayed at the Ccl site by junction 19 m62 and we used the 163 bus from the site. Saturday no problem , Sunday the driver of the bus told Jill they do not take her bus pass. We live nw Norfolk , we thought they were valid all over the country. Anybody else have trouble with their pass. Cheers ivory55

williamb

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I thought if you lived in England the pass covered you for all except ,Scotland and Whales. Don't think I'm wrong:shout:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We have used ours all over England and never had a problem.

Only rule they enforce down here is no use before 9:30am. Mon - Fri, Weekends can use it at any time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
See Link Removed. You should be able to get get free off-peak travel on all local buses anywhere in England.

Note that "local" is an operative word but most regular services are classed as "local". There are exceptions - e.g. when visiting York yesterday we had to pay 70p each when catching the bus at the Park & Ride site but not when catching the bus at other stops. That is because part of the normal charge pays for the parking (very reasonable compared to York in general). The rules vary between authorities.

If the 163 service you mention is the Link Removed it should qualify on the face of it. Perhaps worth having a word with the First Group - Tim O'Toole, Chief Executive, Email - Tim.O'Toole@firstgroup.com, Website - http://www.firstgroup.com.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I used mine on the Bury service and there was no problem. My pass states England .... but only covers train service in this county.

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hi gjh , yes that was the 163. It ran to middleton bus terminal then on to manchester. I was £4 return which I thought was good, as the week before it cost me £10.30 kendal to Ambleside return. Cheers ivory55

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
looking at Grahams link you cannot travel cross country....but if you have time on your hands you can.

every local bus service will have a maximum radius....and from major towns another provider will start/stop their route from the same town covering a different area and so on.

Yorkshireman....tight...me !!!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Graham,
Last time in York, I used mine form the P&R, no problrm.
Lots of Twirlies did.

understanding (couldnt give a f--k) or misinformed driver then John......

states in the rules...cant be used from a park n ride terminus as fare payment includes a subsidised parking charge.....and they aint gonna pay for parking as well. :RollEyes:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi gjh , yes that was the 163. It ran to middleton bus terminal then on to manchester. I was £4 return which I thought was good, as the week before it cost me £10.30 kendal to Ambleside return. Cheers ivory55

Reasonable price but not if it should have been nowt :Smile: I would query it ::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
looking at Grahams link you cannot travel cross country....but if you have time on your hands you can.

every local bus service will have a maximum radius....and from major towns another provider will start/stop their route from the same town covering a different area and so on.

Yorkshireman....tight...me !!!!

Got it in one.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Graham,
Last time in York, I used mine form the P&R, no problrm.
Lots of Twirlies did.

states in the rules...cant be used from a park n ride terminus as fare payment includes a subsidised parking charge.....and they aint gonna pay for parking as well. :RollEyes:

We used the cards and got a single for 70p each instead of £2 each. Given that it costs summat like £1 an hour to park in York (if you can find anywhere) that was fine by us ::bigsmile:

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years

Don't know about the (couldn't give a f--k) but some of us bus drivers don't mind giving a oap a free ride when we can.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back