LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
To anybody who has the Bus or Coach mirrors on their MoHo, The question is how practical do you find them as against the more normal ones that sit lower down,

IMG_0183.jpg Like these

I sat in a friends Morelo with these mirrors and thought I would really like them when driving BUT we recently took a Concorde Charisma out for a test drive and I really missed glancing sideway for a quick peep at the kerb when coming off roundabouts etc in the Concorde I had to look up and as I usually wear a cap to drive it had to be a proper look, also driving our van back to the New Forest into a low sun I thought "how do you get on with the Bus/Coach jobbies into the sun.

$_20.jpg
These are Bus/Coach mirrors

Martin

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We've got them on ours but they aren't as high as the ones in your picture, roughly head height for me when driving so it's easy to just glance. They're fine.

Never noticed any particular issue with the sun.

IMG_0704.JPG

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Unlike the Concorde in your picture and probably the Morelo, the mirrors on our Carthago are more alongside the front rather than pushed forward like a coach.
They are excellent and do give good visibility but they are a bugger when negotiating European roundabouts.
We are LHD and the mirror creates a large blind spot to the left on roundabouts. You just have to get used to it and move your head to look around the mirror, which is at head height.
The co-driver often points out something interesting on the left which I can't see because the mirror blocks the view.
One more disadvantage is that in an A Class van you can't just reach out of the side window to pull the mirrors in when you need to squeeze through a tight gap.
One big advantage is that the mirrors are higher than the average 'white van man's' mirrors. :)

Overall I much prefer them to the standard Ducato type mirrors, both for looks and rear visibility, despite the minor disadvantages.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
I've got them on the Carthago and they are as high as on the concord but as I'm over 6ft they are fine. I find the fact that I can see the front of the van is a bonus but there is one major disadvantage, they are too high to "tap" pedestrians on the head when they stand too close! A feat I once managed in the Euramobil when navigating through Rome

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back