Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
We have a Burstner I595 Viseo 3 berth 2009 motorhome. It has Continental Camping tyres. Having trouble finding out what the tyre pressures should be. The instruction book doesn't give them and the Burstner company gave us pressures for Michelin Camping tyres and "others". Anyone with a similar van?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You need to load your van as you normally travel, passengers, full tanks etc and get it weighed. There are plenty of weighbridges dotted around, so you shouldn't have to travel far to find one. Tell the weighbridge officer you want each axle weighed, its a simple process and takes a couple of minutes.

Armed with these weights, contact the tyre manufacturer, with the make model and size of tyre and they will give you the precise pressure you should be running at. All the major manufacturers are very helpful and you'll get your answer very quickly.

advert follows:Cool:
Once you know the pressure, get the tyres pumped to it and then fit a set of these Broken Link Removed Then all you need do is walk around the vehicle and just a glance reassures you that your pressures are still at the manufacturers optimum:thumb: You'll find a Funster discount code Link Removed:Smile:

Captain Biggles

Free Member
Aug 27, 2012
Sunny Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
You need to load your van as you normally travel, passengers, full tanks etc and get it weighed. There are plenty of weighbridges dotted around, so you shouldn't have to travel far to find one. Tell the weighbridge officer you want each axle weighed, its a simple process and takes a couple of minutes.

Armed with these weights, contact the tyre manufacturer, with the make model and size of tyre and they will give you the precise pressure you should be running at. All the major manufacturers are very helpful and you'll get your answer very quickly.

advert follows:Cool:
Once you know the pressure, get the tyres pumped to it and then fit a set of these Link Removed Then all you need do is walk around the vehicle and just a glance reassures you that your pressures are still at the manufacturers optimum:thumb: You'll find a Funster discount code Link Removed:Smile:

Or spend just £6:20p and Qwik Fit will remove all 5 of your tyres, deflate the and re-inflater with Nitrogen fitting green valve caps.

And the point of this is, a reduced leakage rate, 4-5 times as slow to leak air, it's safer, all commercial & military aircraft have been inflated with nitrogen for years as they're less prone to cause a problem if your brakes overheat .

And the bonus is, if your spare underslung spare wheel has its valve facing away from the rear whilst in situ, you don't have to lower it, turn it around, check the pressur and raise it back up to check the pressure and all for £1.25p / tyre!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Have a look at this thread and in particular the link in the first post. It isn't an easy booklet to use but you will find in it the exact pressures for your tyres, for which you need all the stuff written on the sidewall. The booklet tells you were to look.

I've done this and now run on much lower pressures than before - and comfort has improved.

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...t-from-continental-tyres.105414/#post-1367380

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I've been using a formula that I gleaned from another Funster on a different forum some time ago (Funflair - thanks, Martin).
From the tyre wall, find out the maximum pressure (often 80 psi) and the load index. Look up the maximum load from the load index. Find out the actual loading of your axles, I use the maximum load for each axle.

Divide the maximum pressure by the maximum load, then multiply the result by the actual load. The result is the appropriate tyre pressure for that axle.

I've just checked that formula against the linked booklet and tables and they're very close, probably within a rounding error.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back