Burstner Travel Van 620t - Anyone own one? (1 Viewer)

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
I first posted this under Continental Motorhomes: Burstner, but I've been deafened by the silence :( In our quest to downsize from a 7.4m Autotrail, a used Burstner Travel Van looks good, but we have yet to see one in the flesh. We like the quality of other Burstners that we have seen. Some of the competition seem to suffer from poor dinette seat comfort. We like the single, but extending, beds and I want a decent garage next time, preferably one that is accessible from both sides. The only issue so far is where to put a microwave! Other wants include electric, as well as gas heating.
Does anyone own one, or have personal experience of one, or alternatives worth considering?

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry, can't help you specifically with the Travel van, but our previous motorhome was a Burstner Nexxo. We liked the quality, and had no problems at all in our 4-year ownership of it, but the only thing which I would fault it on was the 'poor dinette seat comfort.' Unless you're small, I think it's easy to feel 'trapped' behind the dinette table. We find the L-shaped seating arrangement in our Hymer to be much more comfortable, both for eating and relaxing.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Would agree with bellabee re the dinette table, we have removed ours and substituted a free standing one instead, gives us the extra bit of space,and can also be used outside, we have a burstner nexo t720 sovereign,which has the combination gas/electric, water/blown air heating

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
While the layout of the van and its suitability is entirely personal, the marque is of good quality as are most of the Hymer family. I too owned a Nexxo and will vouch for the thinking and suitability of the design and finish.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We have a Hobby Van 2011 with transverse bed and a big garage.No room fir a microwave and we wouldn't use one. ( it does have a cooker but only used as a cupboard!)

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
My little old travel van t570 is for sale at Southdowns motorhomes.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Aha! Yes looked at that one online, but can't have a transverse bed. Why? Let's not go there! What did you think of it? Have you gone up in size? The van, that is, not you :LOL:
It was a good van well built,. It is quite narrow and being only 6 more long you could go anywhere a long wheelbase van could go. It had a nice size garage.

The only two problems I had which were both sorted by Southdowns. I had a water leak in the bathroom but i could not fix it due to the hose clips being inexesible (don't know how to spell that) this happened in Benidorm and I stripped the bathroom out in situ.

The other was the webasto heater which needed replacing, I don't think any other travel vans had the webasto fitted. With the webasto we could be off grid and use one bottle of 13kg gas for 5-6 weeks as the heater only worked on diesel and was very economical.

But I think build quality is OK.

I now have a 2014 bailey which is 7.5 mtrs long and love it.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Oh yes the dinette wasn't the most comfortable due to the large table. I made a smaller table.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back