LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
my friend has a burstner, the gold painted one. He says he has been having a problem with leaves staining the roof of his burstner.

The thing is the roof is white and not god like the rest of the van? is this the superior german build quality we talk about? is it normal?

Also whats the best product to remove the leaves stains?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I don't often get the chance to clean my roof but I have actually commented that it goes green much faster than my last mh and I struggle to get it clean. I am parked under a tree in the compound and the gunge that forms on my roof is far worse than the caravan parked next to me. Don't know if this is of any help or not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
For prevention, would there be any problem in covering just the roof with a tarp?

For removal, might be worth looking at one of those PVC window cleaner sprays (but test first). Otherwise there are some heavy duty boat cleaning products out there (Farecla have quite an extensive range). If it works on boats costing ÂŁ100's of K, then it must be worth thinking about.

Either that or get the roof sprayed gold to match the sides?

I'm told that I can climb on the roof of my Chausson, I'm sure a gold plated Burstner must be at least as tough

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
The roofs white so it keeps cool, just get up there and clean it, if you don't want to clean it avoid parking near trees. (y)

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
Our white roof Autotrail is exposed to a tree which has a very deep red coloured leaf (Im not a horticulturist) and has made small amounts of staining on fallen leaves laying on the roof .. ..
I simply wash off and use the Autoglym Caravan & Motorhome cleaner sprayed on and foam up with scrubbing, the majority clean away but the stubbourn stains remove during weathering so it hasn't really permanently stained.

:xgrin:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Clean mine twice a year as it gets the same issue especially where we live.
Just use a standard wash n wax from any garage big brush and bucket of water.
Personally never polish it be far too slippery I'm clumsy enough without helping matters on.:xThumb::xThumb:
Got stuck up there for an hour last year bloody ladder blew over my 80 year old neighbour came to my rescue eventually :xdoh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back