Burstner manufacture year + left hand drive values (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Hi after looking at many vans the bride and I have decided on a used Burstner Delphin t821 Ones I have looked at have all been slightly different for example one had garage door on both sides all the others have not.So how can I determine the year of manufacture ?

Also one I looked at was 2 years newer but left hand drive in perfect condition 1 owner well looked after at same asking price bargain ? but not really keen on a left hooker to be honest any opinions on owing a left hand dive ? I guess insurance could be higher is it harder to sell is there a rule of thumb on price difference ?

Lastly any known faults on this model I cant find anything negative any opinions would be great

Many Thanks in advance Paul

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Pricing a motorhome in todays climate is very difficult. I looked a little while ago and it seemed around 70% of motorhomes on eBay were going unsold, its certainly a buyers market. I prefer Left Hookers:thumb:

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Me too Jim, I would say half of our time up to now has been spent over the water and I have experienced right hand drive vehicles abroad but find left hand drive a lot easier,no difference on insurance and when the time comes to sell you have a lot more potential buyers.
Using the internet you can get a rough value of your van all over europe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Coldstreamer

Really interesting thread, having a Left Hooker purchased in Germany, reason? A very old very wise owner once told me....
"Much better to drive a Left Hand in a country you know ...
Than a Right Hand in a country you don't know"
I have found over the years a very wise observation.
Best Regards, Mac

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
yeah i agree, using a lhd van in the uk is no problem,the main thing is to position yourself at a bit of an angle at junctions and roundabouts so you have a clear view of oncoming traffic .infact just as you have to do when abroad in a rhd van ! anyway in most cases you will probably have a passenger with you so if you do end up slightly blindsided then they can give you the allclear ! the strangest thing i found was changing gear with my right hand ! i was forever scrabbling around looking for the gear stick with my left at first . regards garry

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Garry,
The stick change does get a bit messy, but having had a LHD for over 10 yrs and the wife having a RHD car it seems to be second nature to jump in both and just drive, I suppose its just use.
The biggest benifit is when driving on the Continent I find I can relax more, not worrying about 'wrong-way' roundabouts and opposite junctions.
Over the years it seems second nature in the UK to keep the 'kerb line' on a certain spot on the windscreen and you can get tight in to the kerb on narrow roads, mind! my missus often gives a sharp intake of breath on country roads. She calls her 'Side' the 'Suicide', each to his own Gary.
Best Regards Mac

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
yeah mac very true . my other half feels the same when shes got the oncoming traffic coming towards her when were in the uk ! i keep telling her i will get her one of those kiddies stick on steering wheels so she can pull over to the nearside more ,especially when going down some of those welsh lanes !!!! garry

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
Hi after looking at many vans the bride and I have decided on a used Burstner Delphin t821 Ones I have looked at have all been slightly different for example one had garage door on both sides all the others have not.So how can I determine the year of manufacture ?

Also one I looked at was 2 years newer but left hand drive in perfect condition 1 owner well looked after at same asking price bargain ? but not really keen on a left hooker to be honest any opinions on owing a left hand dive ? I guess insurance could be higher is it harder to sell is there a rule of thumb on price difference ?

Lastly any known faults on this model I cant find anything negative any opinions would be great

Many Thanks in advance Paul
my brother in law has a similar model (renault based) and has had a few problems with the e-control box,it seems to be a common fault and can be expensive, there are a few burstner forums with help and advice on this issue as we found out, once sorted it has turned out to be a good reliable van though.

gorsty

Free Member
Aug 17, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Gear Stick whats a gear shift ( lhd ) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Thanks for info so far does anyone know how I cant tell when the motorhome was built ? not just registered.Also point me in direction of a Burstner forum or 2 so far I havnt found one

Ta Paul

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
Thanks for info so far does anyone know how I cant tell when the motorhome was built ? not just registered.Also point me in direction of a Burstner forum or 2 so far I havnt found one

Ta Paul

www.motorhometoday.co.uk › Community › General Topic this one had some burstner stuff on last time we looked. we were looking for help regarding an e-control box so typed burstner e-control box problem into google and it came up with several forums

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back