PaulV

Free Member
Dec 5, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi we're MH newbies, just taken delivery of a new Burstner Ixeo 680g, delighted in every way except water pressure through the taps, particularly from the shower head is very low. The dealer (who's been excellent), is talking to Burstner, hopefully will find a solution soon. Has anyone else experienced the same problem and if so, how was it resolved? Thanks

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Faulty pump?
Pipework compressed somewhere?
A leak?

I'm surprised your dealer can't find the problem without having to contact the builders.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
How much pressure would you have expected? Mine is not high but is sufficient.
The more pressure you have, the quicker you empty the water tank. If you look inside the tank you will see the standard pump is not very big.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We have one of these on order, hoping to pick it up early June from Chelston. Will be interested in the outcome

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Hi we're MH newbies, just taken delivery of a new Burstner Ixeo 680g, delighted in every way except water pressure through the taps, particularly from the shower head is very low. The dealer (who's been excellent), is talking to Burstner, hopefully will find a solution soon. Has anyone else experienced the same problem and if so, how was it resolved? Thanks

Great choice in motorhome, you won't be disappointed(y)

In regards to water pressure, we find ours adequate from the taps but were also a little despondent with the shower. However, as already mentioned you wouldn't want it blasting out as you would soon empty the tank, so soon ruled out uprating the pump.

To assist our needs we fitted the Link Removed (30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied) and found it improved the coverage and flow of water when in the fixed position, roughly a 40% improvement to the factory supplied shower head. However, don't be tempted to purchase their push button on/off switch, which is fitted in-line; the restriction it creates is too great; £5 wasted!

In summary, both my wife and I find it now to be adequate and much prefer to use our own facilities then those on-sites.;)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
How much pressure would you have expected? Mine is not high but is sufficient.
The more pressure you have, the quicker you empty the water tank. If you look inside the tank you will see the standard pump is not very big.
It's not always the case. If pressure (by which I assume is meant flow rate) is poor it takes longer to rinse whatever is being rinsed. High flow can be reduced using the tap whereas low flow can only be cured by uprating the pump (or curing a fault if there is one).

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The "Standard" for Euro / British Motorhomes would appear to be 20psi and 7.4gpm. I have the remains of several in my garage which came out of R-V`s. These are 30 to 45psi and 10gpm.

They are also more expensive!!.

Has the suction been investigated?. it would not take much to restrict flow? debris left in the FW tank and part covering the outlet?

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
In regards to water pressure, we find ours adequate from the taps but were also a little despondent with the shower. However, as already mentioned you wouldn't want it blasting out as you would soon empty the tank, so soon ruled out uprating the pump.

I would be interested to know the out put of Burstner water pumps.
I would guess it will be one of these at 10 Lpm - it certainly looks like our 2012 one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARAVAN-M...hash=item1c7c233c3a:m:mvNYZOUwkYTUwXAjZXIecVg

or this one --
Reich 14 litres/min - 12volt

Submersible Water Pump
  • Diameter 45mm
  • Length 110mm
  • Cable length 1m
  • Supply voltage required 12v DC.
  • Outlet 10mm
  • Delivery Rate 14 litres/min max
  • Delivery high - (0.5bar) max
  • Power - 10 to 25 watt (approx

s-l500.jpg

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I would be interested to know the out put of Burstner water pumps.
I would guess it will be one of these at 10 Lpm - it certainly looks like our 2012 one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARAVAN-M...hash=item1c7c233c3a:m:mvNYZOUwkYTUwXAjZXIecVg

or this one --
Reich 14 litres/min - 12volt

Submersible Water Pump
  • Diameter 45mm
  • Length 110mm
  • Cable length 1m
  • Supply voltage required 12v DC.
  • Outlet 10mm
  • Delivery Rate 14 litres/min max
  • Delivery high - (0.5bar) max
  • Power - 10 to 25 watt (approx

View attachment 147317

I'm not too sure what is actually installed? I'm also hesitant in taking the inspection cover off to check, as the last time I did this I couldn't tighten it sufficiently by hand to stop it from leaking:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back