Burstner ixeo 55

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by raysalaugh, Jun 26, 2014.

1. raysalaugh

raysalaugh Funster

In May I took delivery of a new Burstner ixeo 55 and according to the brochure a flatscreen holder came as standard, however there wasn't one on mine so I asked the dealer where it was?, to which he replied that Burstner had made a mistake with brochure and you don't get one.
    He says that they will fit one for cost price approx £190.
    So is it ok for Burstner to advertise items as standard then claim to have made a mistake.

Ray

2. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

sounds bad to me, but worse for £190 I would expect a bracket and a TV

I suspect there will be a cop out clause in the brochure T's and C's

3. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

There usually is a get out clause in brochures such as indication only and specification liable to change without notice.

My Pilote had the opposite problem, they had replaced the ordinary TV bracket with a very expensive sliding one which we didn't like and replaced with a cheaper one. Now gathering dust in the garage

4. Spidey

Spidey Funster

Why not contact Burstner and ask them. :Smile:

5. Allanm

Allanm Funster

I would have thought the dealer could have afforded to supply you with the holder as a goodwill gesture then take the matter up with Burstner at a later date.
    Did you get any discount off the screen price when you bought it?
    Allan

6. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Ray email Burstner telling them the lit says it has one --one thing is certain -if you don't ask you will not get :Wink: in fact ask the dealer for it in writing that it does not come with it now :thumb: then send that along with your request stating it's a small thing but you feel fiddled :BigGrin:
    terry

7. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

You should ask Shifty, he's an expert on all things Burstner, a real fan and there's nothing he won't be able to sort for you. :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  8. raysalaugh

raysalaugh Funster

I have sent a message to Burstner asking them to confirm that the brochure is incorrect. I await their reply.

Ray

9. raysalaugh

raysalaugh Funster

Received an email from Burstner and apparently the brochure was incorrect, however as a goodwill gesture they will pay for the dealer to supply and fit the flatscreen holder. Excellent outcome and so quick.

Ray

:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  10. longdog

longdog Funster

Hi, I would say that unless it was stated in the brochure or there was a footnote to the effect that, for example, this is not available in the UK, then a call to Trading Standards in in order.

It an item in a shop is labelled with the incorrect price, then the purchaser may buy it at the marked price. IMHO, then if an item is described as having a certain specification by the manufacturer, then the purchaser may reasonably expect to get what he/she believes they are paying for.

Do not let the dealer weasel his way out of this, Trading Standards are your friend. The dealer should fit the bracket and then he should persue the manufacturer for the cost.