Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Hiring
Exp
Hi All,

I'm a bit of a newbie so please bear with me if I get some of the terminology wrong.

My family and I are about to hire a Burstner Elegance for our Summer holiday. The very kind lady from Harrogate Motorhomes has already shown me around the vehicle and I remember that there was a gas outlet on the side of the vehicle (outside the kitchen) for connection to a gas BBQ.

I am considering buying a second-hand one on FleaBay (other auction sites are apparently available) for us to use over the course of our fortnight away. So far I have identified the Cadac Eazi as a likely contender.

So my questions...

Will a CADAC Eazi fit / work?
Will I need a separate regulator or is the supply sufficiently regulated by the pre-existing regulator?
Are there any better alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

topbrief

Dai

Free Member
May 14, 2008
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
We have an Elegance which has a gas point fitted as an extra. Therefore it is plumbed in after the regulater.

The newer models I believe come with a gaspoint already factory installed. I recommend you contact Harrogate Motorhomes for confirmation.

Sorry cannot help on the other queeries

Dai

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The supply will be regulated by the van's gas regulator, but you will need to buy a suitable connector that matches the outlet on the Burstner (probably a Reich outlet point if factory-fitted) and connect this to the rubber gas pipe of your Cadac.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry I can't help.

Nice van you are hiring though.:thumb:

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Just make sure you get a LP - Low Pressure - one. The HP (High Pressure) work off a pierceable gas cartridge and will not work off an external gas point properly. :Doh:

Cheers

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I'm sure that the hire company will be happy to supply the motorhome ready to go with all required adapters so that you would only need to turn up with the BBQ itself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hi topbrief

We are hiring the same van on Sunday. hope you had a good trip in it. How was it on fuel and where did you go?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back