Burstner Elegance spare whee. (1 Viewer)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hi what have people got for holding there spare wheel under the van if anything
@Techno did a very good thread on this (use the search facility), assuming your van is on the fiat chassis other than that can you not keep it in the garage

OP
OP
955matt

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
No its an alko chassis and it takes up so much room in the garage.

Matt

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I keep mine in the garage. I screwed a block to the forward bulkhead and attached a bolt ring. Then used two of the movable bolt rings in the floor rail with a ratchet strap. It holds the wheel vertical and securely and takes up a minimum of space.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
yes ours to is bolted to the rear wall in the garage .takes up little space and keeps it clean.a carrier underneath is ok but when used in the winter when the salt is on the road the winding mechanism can corrode and be a right pain.
Brian & Jo

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our Chasson didn't come with a spare so I put on in the garage in a similar fashion to makems.

Spare Wheel - r.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Ours is on the Hymer bracket on the back wall of the garage, doesn't get in the way as it is just the right depth for the bike wheel to rest against.
Not sure what we are doing on the new van as I will be supplying my own spare but it will be in the garage somewhere.

OP
OP
955matt

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Lenny is your new van right or left hand drive? How did you find doing the deal at the show?

We went last year for the first time and loved it ( apart from a lot of travelers there )

Our van is left hand drive I would look at buying in Europe next time , prices here are silly.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lenny is your new van right or left hand drive? How did you find doing the deal at the show?

We went last year for the first time and loved it ( apart from a lot of travelers there )

Our van is left hand drive I would look at buying in Europe next time , prices here are silly.
The last two times we have always finalised the deal after the show. This time we got a very high discount and unbelievable trade in price (£12k more than in the UK) but had to sign at the show. We have a track record with our dealer and he gave us 45 days to cancel , if we had cancelled he would have had a very cheap van for stock as Hymer gave him extra discount and loads of extras to clinch the deal with us.

LHD and current van is LHD.
LHD drive is so much better when it comes to selling or trading as you can sell/trade in any country.

OP
OP
955matt

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Techno is that the fiat mount you have modified to fit the alko chassis ?

Thanks Lenny, that was our thoughts regarding LHD

Thanks Matt

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Andy my Dethleffs is Renault/ Alko chasis, spare wheel is underslung, but you have to crawl under to lower two long bolts to lower wheel, getting harder as i get older, only had to do it on the drive to grease bolts, very interested in fitting your modification, can you forward details of your supplier. Eggy in goole was a contact of mine but he has sold all his winders.
Thanks
Jim

Oct 26, 2016
kent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 810G
Exp
since 2003
We have a Burstner Elegance no spare wheel just silly gunk,was thinking of getting a space saver? but not sure.Or putting a spare wheel between the floor what do you guys on here think advise helpful.

regards Joe

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
We just carry a spare tyre in the garage,handy for storing the waste hose! Breakdown insurance includes punctures, but if the tyre is knackered at least we have a spare,no way am I going to start jacking van up and changing wheels.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We have a Burstner Elegance no spare wheel just silly gunk,was thinking of getting a space saver? but not sure.Or putting a spare wheel between the floor what do you guys on here think advise helpful.

regards Joe
Space saver on a MH is a non starter I think. I keep a full size spare in the garage of my Elegance strapped to the bulkhead.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back