Burstner Delfin

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by paulel, Feb 11, 2016.

1. paulel

paulel Read Only Funster

I'm thinking of buying a 2006 Burstner Delphin T695. Any thoughts, tips, advice etc?

2. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

We have an 05, T680 on a 3 litre Renault, very happy with it. The Ebox electrical system is overcomplicated for what it does, but I think most van hab electrics are these days, and I do agree with some that the small windows does remind you of a prison van :LOL:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

As with all second hand MH's check the age and condition of the tyres/battery's/cam belt.
    Ideally you should have two domestic battery's.
    Check all the Ducato dials work smoothly and correctly, mine have 'seized' in the past but the are repairable.
    Listen for any rumbling from the front wheel bearings, they have a pretty short life.
    Check all the locks. When was it last serviced? (check that the air filter is clean - not cheap but massive)
    Check ALL the appliances work, the fridge has a habit of failing due to the burner jet assembly corroding (about £60 to repair)
    Make sure it has at least one gas bottle- ideally Calor butane (red)
    We have had two Burstner T660 and have been very happy with them mostly.
    If you need to assemble the second bed get a demonstration - then let me know how to do it!!

Have read of this article -http://www.europebycamper.com/2012/11/our-new-van-revealed.html

• Like Like x 2
  4. paulel

paulel Read Only Funster

Thanks to both of you. Stealaway, I did read that article, they seem very happy with their choice.

5. movan

movan Funster Life Member

I am now happy with mine. It took a while for me to learn the electrical system that I have but got there in the end and worth it. Definitely don't feel like I am in a prison van ... when I am in it I feel FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

Had a t700 in 2009 must say i thought it to be a well built van, the only critasisam i had was the cab seats are very hard.