Burstner Delfin Performance T821 - HELP! (1 Viewer)

Liebs

Free Member
Apr 11, 2015
York
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi there

Yesterday we picked up our Burstner Delfin Performance T821 (our first ever motor home) and we've spent the last 24 hours trying to familiarise ourselves with it. There's one pretty major thing that has got us stumped, though, and I'm wondering if anyone out there can help? It's such a ridiculously simple thing that I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but needs must!

It's regarding the conversion of the bench seats in the living area into a double bed. We've managed to lower the table OK, but we just can't get the cushions to fit! Our instruction manual seems to imply that one single cushion covers the area created by the table. We've used the seat cushion from the bench seat behind the driver's seat but it's too short and leaves a gap at the foot end. (See photo.) Surely this isn't right?!!

Are we missing something really obvious? Or are we missing a cushion? I would be eternally grateful for any help you are able to offer!

Many thanks.
IMG_20150411_121047.jpg

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
I have only recently bought the same motorhome but not put the front bed together as only two of us. Looks as if you are missing 2 cushions!
We have a 75 x 10 x4 inch cushion with a ply insert on back and a two
27 x 21 x 4 inch cushions which are folded and open out to 54 x 21 inch.
Looking at it I do not think I would not need to use the cushion from other bench seat.

Do not feel embarassed asking questions! I,m on my 4th motorhome in 13 years and still get it wrong.
Steve

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Are the backrest pads removable?
Just wondered if you're meant to incorporate them somehow

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I assume it's not new, most owners put the spare cushions in the loft at home never to be seen again. When we sold our last van took us weeks to find were we had put out ones they were buried under load of stuff in one of our 3 lofts, well we had put them there nearly six years before.:)

Contact the previous ower they have probably still got them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Liebs

Liebs

Free Member
Apr 11, 2015
York
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks very much to all of you for taking the time to reply.

Steve - interesting... I didn't notice whether the cushions were folded, but then again, I didn't look! Worth checking as that would make sense.

Dave K - good thinking, however the back rests are shaped, so do not look as though they are intended to be used. We did play about with them in spite of the shape - just in case - but couldn't get them to fit.

Lennyhb - you are correct, it is not new. Unfortunately we got it from a dealer who got it from a dealer so not much chance of tracking the originals down, if that is what has happened. To be honest, it didn't occur to me that there might be spare cushions used for the bed but not for the seating! That would certainly explain things.

Getting a replacement cushion made looks like our best option at the moment as the bed will be used by our children and even our 13 year old's feet will hang off the bottom with the current arrangement!

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Hi I have same van I have 2 extra cushions this was only van I viewed that had complete set. Enjoy your van great choice any thing else just ask

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Liebs

Liebs

Free Member
Apr 11, 2015
York
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ah, thank you for solving the mystery Porkster! That's a massive help.

We'll have a play around with the cushions and seat backs we do have to see if we can make them fit... if not, it's on to Plan B. (New cushions.)

Upvote 0

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
When you get the registration document from the DVLA it will have the details of the last owner on it. Could be worth a letter to them?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Liebs

Liebs

Free Member
Apr 11, 2015
York
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good thinking dna... might be worth a shot!

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I hadn't notice someone's given you the sizes you could get new cut. But I would contact dealer as its a part required to make it 4 berth. I don't know if you've noticed the side of the seat slides out to make bed wider.

Out of interest do you know your tyre pressures any t821 owners please ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Liebs

Liebs

Free Member
Apr 11, 2015
York
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Porkster - I'd completely forgotten about the side of the seat sliding out to make the bed bigger. Where does the 'extra' come from across the top of the bed? Ie the cushion on the bench seats with the seatbelts isn't long enough to fill the full space if you pull the extension out, so what fills that gap?

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
From the 2 cushions from memory one is the length of bed and the other must go in middle. We only set it up once just to see how it went

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Liebs

Liebs

Free Member
Apr 11, 2015
York
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
So if I'm understanding correctly, we're missing two long cushions. Is that right? And how was the cushion without either a bit of table or a bench underneath it supported?

Apologies for all the questions, Porkster, but at the moment, you're my best chance of getting to the bottom of the bed mystery!

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
No problems but the answer is posted above by Sweetie. You should have one long one with a ply bottom sizes then a oblong one that folds in two for storage. If needs be I'll get my cushions out loft and photo it set up. But won't have time until next week I am afraid.

Upvote 0

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
Hi you should have the long one from

The bed which drops in the pull out.the rest is used from the cushions on the
Opposit bench there are no extra cushions I have the same van which
I've had from new any issues drop me line
Mark

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
The opposite cushion isntvsquare shaped Mark plus 2 of us have got 2 extra cushions. While lookingvfor my van several had no cushions and some had one or the other.

Mark out of interest what tyre pressures donyou run please ?

Upvote 0

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
Hi mate I'm lost on the cushion thing then but like yourself it's not often we use the bed now the kids have stopped
Coming

As for tyre pressures it's around 70 psi

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Liebs

Liebs

Free Member
Apr 11, 2015
York
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Right. Well I pieced together all the various bits of information given on this thread re. cushion sizes and configuration and did myself a little scale drawing. A little sad, I know, but the upshot was that I managed to get my head around the whole thing. ("Thank goodness for that", I hear you all cry!) I now understand what we are missing so can begin to work on a solution.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to my plea for help. This thread alone has made my £10 subscription worthwhile!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Liebs

Liebs

Free Member
Apr 11, 2015
York
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Porkster, Sweetie, Thefman and anyone else that might be able to help - we have our next question! My husband has just been to pick up the motor home from the storage place and has discovered we have no power inside - mains or otherwise. I.e. no interior lights, nothing from the button that extends the step, the satellite dish panel is dead... it was all working fine last weekend and my husband swears he hasn't flicked any switches. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
How long has it been there, you can't really leave a modern van for much more than a couple of weeks without charging both engine & habitation batteries. Even when you think you have turned everything off the system still draws current in standby mode.
If the habitation battery was so flat that a light wouldn't even turn on the battery has probably been wrecked even if it does recover it's capacity will have been reduced and best not to count on it.
If leaving the van in storeage the best option is to fit a solar panel to keep the batteries topped up.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back