Burstner aerovan fuel door snapped off need replacement hinges (1 Viewer)

Nicola2516

Free Member
Nov 21, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner aero van
Exp
20 years
I own a Burstner aero van and have been having great trouble with it after an accident whilst away in Spain. To cut a long story short, the fuel door snapped off whilst driving and the hinges of the door broke. I gave had a new door made since this but cannot find the hinges to attach the door back on. I have tried every big motor home company in the country as well as contacting Burstner head office themselves and no one can help me. I visit Germany quite often on my travels and so decided to visit their German head office whilst I was there to no avail. The problem is the motor home is a concept vehicle which they discontinued and so cannot get spare parts any longer. The Burstner office in Germany refused to help and said they will not sell these hinges as they were inadequate, and so washed their hands of me - they were quite rude and unhelpful.
I am now at a dead end as to where I can go with this and I am wandering if anyone has experienced the same problem with Burstner or has any help or advise? Many thanks, John

OP
OP
Nicola2516

Nicola2516

Free Member
Nov 21, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner aero van
Exp
20 years
I should also say I am writing this for my dad who doesn't have access to the Internet, nor does he understand how to use the Internet, so the above is my account of what has happened, which is why I have signed this from John!!

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Can`t help with the problem sorry but it does sound like truly terrible customer service from a reputable manufacturer.
Can you post a photo of the hinge you require and if it has unusual features try and show them so the more knowledgeable on here can try and help you source alternative replacements

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Nicola and welcome to Fun :)
As Figaro has suggested, a picture would be a great help. Someone may well come up with an exact match or at worst something that can be used as a direct replacement (y)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I have a friend whom is an engineer, and his motto is 'If man made it, man can remake it' And the things he has made/remade are quite astonishing. Someone will be able to help.

Craig

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I have a friend whom is an engineer, and his motto is 'If man made it, man can remake it' And the things he has made/remade are quite astonishing. Someone will be able to help.

Craig
That's very true Craig we recently had a replacement sink made for our motorhome bathroom by a chap in Derbyshire. The replacement is far superior to the original.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back