Burstner 748 Waterworks & Filters? (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Because of the awful taste to the water in our Burstner, I'm thinking of fitting a filter.

I haven't decided which filter to go for yet so contributions appreciated (I don't mean money but that's welcome too :ROFLMAO:)

I was thinking of fitting any filter on the cold water feed only to the 'kitchen sink' - is this a good idea or should I consider fitting the filter nearer the cold water tank so ALL water is filter - even the loo :Eeek:

Anyone know the pipe dimensions under the sink on a Burstner?

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We have a nature pure QC with the faucet, that way you only filter the water thats needs it, hence the filter lasts longer.

Fitted it myself, very straight forward as you tap into the cold water pipe near where you are fitting the tap (faucet), normally the kitchen sink if you have the space.

Not the cheapest, but I can highly recommend. I think you can get a discount as a funster.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am with Pablo on this one.. Waterpure, fitted in about 25 minutes and never looked back !

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
We just keep a Brita filter jug on the worktop for all drinking and the kettle and sanitise the tank once a year, we had the taint problem in a caravan and it was the piping that caused ours and that was with no tank

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We never drink the water from the tank unless it has been boiled and is in tea/coffee etc. like Hilldweller we use a 5 litre bottle which we fill from fresh water tap (if local water is drinkable).

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back