Burstner 748 Waterworks & Filters?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by StitchUp, Jul 11, 2013.

1. StitchUp

StitchUp Read Only Funster

Because of the awful taste to the water in our Burstner, I'm thinking of fitting a filter.

I haven't decided which filter to go for yet so contributions appreciated (I don't mean money but that's welcome too :Rofl1:)

I was thinking of fitting any filter on the cold water feed only to the 'kitchen sink' - is this a good idea or should I consider fitting the filter nearer the cold water tank so ALL water is filter - even the loo :Eeek:

Anyone know the pipe dimensions under the sink on a Burstner?

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Simple answer, we never drink from tank. Use a 5l plastic can or bottled.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pablomc

pablomc Funster Life Member

We have a nature pure QC with the faucet, that way you only filter the water thats needs it, hence the filter lasts longer.

Fitted it myself, very straight forward as you tap into the cold water pipe near where you are fitting the tap (faucet), normally the kitchen sink if you have the space.

Not the cheapest, but I can highly recommend. I think you can get a discount as a funster.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I am with Pablo on this one.. Waterpure, fitted in about 25 minutes and never looked back !

5. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

We just keep a Brita filter jug on the worktop for all drinking and the kettle and sanitise the tank once a year, we had the taint problem in a caravan and it was the piping that caused ours and that was with no tank

6. Madwife

Madwife Deleted User

We never drink the water from the tank unless it has been boiled and is in tea/coffee etc. like Hilldweller we use a 5 litre bottle which we fill from fresh water tap (if local water is drinkable).

Kath