Burry port. Great stop. But

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Fragle, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Fragle

Fragle Funster

image.jpeg On another post on places we can use as responsible motorhomers. We are staying at Burry port in Wales overnight only £7 right next to beach overlooking the Gower. (y)My point being there were 22 vans here last night and speaking to the very helpful gentleman taking the money we already shoot ourselves in the foot with reports of toilet cassette being emptied in the verge despite there being a toilet outside the office also grey water waste taps open. (4 vans last night). :madder:
    I pointed this out to one occupied van they still carried on. Jim pointed out on another thread about another cheap or free place lost to park overnight. I would love more councils to adopt Carmarthenshires forward looking attitude to motorhomers and give us cheap overnight parking. But it won't happen I fear because we shoot ourselves in the foot. Again the small minority's spoil it for the rest!!!!! :swear2:

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. MH 55 FUN

MH 55 FUN Funster

As a Carmarthenshire council taxpayer & Burry Port supporter I am disgusted by these '' people's '' actions.

Shame on them.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Fragle

Fragle Funster

Councils will always use them as the reason not to give us places

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Sheddy

Sheddy Funster

It will make it very hard for the Burry Port town council and others to support the continuation of Motorhome parking within the immanent redevelopment of the harbour front, no doubt the first people to complain when this is denied will be the inconsiderate group who continue to miss use the current facilities.
    In my biased opinion one of the best overnight facilities in the UK will be lost which will be a great shame.
    Cheers Ed

• Like Like x 5
  5. Fragle

Fragle Funster

I quite agree. We drove down from the Midlands just for the weekend friendly and great cycling

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fragle

Fragle Funster

Hi Sheddy. Do you know what they are planning?

7. 2spritelyislanders

2spritelyislanders Funster

Agree absolutely a great overnight stop and a great shame if the actions of a few irresponsible motorhomers have a negative impact on any future planning decisions. Wales is becoming more Moho friendly each year and that can only have a positive influence on the rest of the country and encourage local councils to follow suit (in my humble opinion :smiley:).

• Like Like x 5
  8. Sheddy

Sheddy Funster

Not too much, the plans for the complete redevelopment are on the Carms planning portal, (S/30601) there appears to be no provision for specific Motorhome parking within the plans, however there will be new parking areas within the development which MAY or MAY NOT be suitable for MH parking, but they will not be on the front. The plans for the development have been an ongoing saga for years, with the involvement of the Welsh assembly and certain perennial objectors!
    My current understanding is that the New lifeboat station will be started soon, however have not heard when the actual main development will start.
    Cheers
    Ed

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. MH 55 FUN

MH 55 FUN Funster

Prime land still empty after so many years since the old power station was demolished.

10. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

We were there 3weeks ago and witnessed the same thing.. The picture below was of two young women sitting in a clio music thumping out and just chucking rubbish on the floor via the window when there was a bin in front of their own car 20160610_201332.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fragle

Fragle Funster

It was a bit noisy last night as well. Usual idiots think it clever to race up and sound horn about 1am. Saying that you get that at Aires in France as well. Don't think we'll go for the view next time. And go to the quiet area at the back:smiley:

12. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Did you suggest to them they had inadvertently dropped something after you took the picture.

13. MH 55 FUN

MH 55 FUN Funster

First registered in Bournemouth if I read the number plate correctly as HG54 RVN - sadly likely to be fairly local I suspect.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Yes but was then called a rascist as they sped off..and yes i picked it up and binned it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mrsambulancekidd

Mrsambulancekidd Funster

I have never stayed in a motorhome in Burry Port, but I used to live near there and our vet was there. Lovely little place.

• Like Like x 2
  16. iandsm

iandsm Funster

What a delightful couple they seem (not)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

We often go there on the Millennium Path either on the bikes or walking, its certainly no Lepe Country Park but not bad, the boy racers are a pain though at Burry Port and certainly spoil the fun.

18. Mrsambulancekidd

Mrsambulancekidd Funster

I often wanted to box my horse and carriage down and go on that path, can you imagine the possible uproar from the walkist's & bicyleist's....:winky:

• Funny Funny x 4