Burrs Country Park CC site , warden from hell ............

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Adbt, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Adbt

Adbt Funster

We returned from the cricket at about 9 p.m and saw that an A Class Carthago was parked outside the site ( Slovakian plates ) . We asked if everything was OK and the driver ( male with his family in tow) said he hadn't booked onto the site and was running very late due to border delays and just wanted to use the late arrivals area through the barriers prior to hopefully booking for a few nights . I said I'd asked the wardens. ................BIG MISTAKE................. I pressed the out of hours bell ( which warned me it was for emergencies only , there's me thinking that a foreign family 700 miles from home with nowhere to park up for the night was an emergency . )
    The warden warned me as he left his enclave that this " had better be an emergency " , I explained the situation and his reaction was callous to say the least , he said they should of planned better and he had no intention of helping them out , what an appalling attitude .
    We went back to the Slovakian family and asked them if they had enough of everything , water / food etc and explained that the warden wasn't prepared to help them .
    Made me ashamed to be English TBH . What an awful man .

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 5
  2. houdini

houdini Funster

Such a shame, you would have thought that as he had already been called out he would perhaps have turned it in to a good deed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lorger

lorger Funster

Im sure the family will appreciate your help, I would email head office in the morning they might not do anything but at least it will highlight the issue. Also mention to the others to email about the way they've been treated .

• Like Like x 2
  4. Autowbars

Autowbars Funster

I will send a link to this post, and an email with text copied to the company.
    DISGUSTING.

And I will NEVER stop there

• Like Like x 6
  5. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Yep email CC ..the man wants booting out .also write in letters page of magazine.....post on face book as well ..

• Like Like x 4
  6. Autowbars

Autowbars Funster

Copied and pasted to CC.
    Wonder if I will get a reply?

• Like Like x 4
  7. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

The wardens of course have no interest in attracting customers. It's just a job to them. Of course not all are like that by any means but it does happen.

The late arrivals area should be outside the barrier. Bit pointless if it isn't.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

Or may be the warden has had a really bad day and was well pissed off before you rung the bell. But then nobody on fun has a bad day and it's perfect all the time. The weather has been very hot and I bet a lot of tempers have been frayed over the last few days

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill Funster

jumped up little prick, I know there not all like that thou

• Like Like x 3
  10. Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill Funster

Maybe he did have a bad day but manners cost nothing

• Like Like x 8
  11. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

Life is not mills and boon . I go with thinking it's better to be supprised then disappointed that way if its not what you want it's not a problem.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Clarky

Clarky Funster

Bloody disgrace.
    As a CC member I am disgusted and disappointed.
    What sort of impression of our country is that giving to our visitors?

Richard.

• Like Like x 3
  13. lorger

lorger Funster

your perfectly correct he could have had a bad day like we all get at times, surely though he could have mumped and moaned about them arriving late and then let them in. Its not like they arrived at midnight.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jagtazman

Jagtazman Funster

What the.....
    Is 9pm late? OMG !

• Like Like x 1
  15. vwalan

vwalan Funster

cause it could have been they stopped outside last night and werent around during the day . but came back again in the evening knowing there is no entry after 8 o,clock and was really hoping to stay outside another night .
    is there signage out side that explains all this . there might be .
    mind i,m in cornwall its nice here .

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Bigmomma

Bigmomma Read Only Funster

So the OP had a very enjoyable day out, which is of course what they should be doing if they are on holiday. The 'Warden from Hell' however had probably been working for the usual 11-12 hours day for a consecutive number of days and is surely entitled to 'time off', or should they be expected to be 'on duty' for 24 hours !! I believe that all CC Sites accept arrivals up until 8pm every day, seven days a week, but if a 'customer' phones in advance to explain that they have been delayed, due to traffic problems, accident or breakdown, the site will usually be more than accommodating. Did this family have a booking ? did they phone ahead to see if there were any vacancies ? Did they phone to say they were on their way but had been delayed ? I believe Burrs Country Park is North of Manchester, so which border crossing were they delayed at ? If Dover, the only delays that I am aware of, then why didn't they stop at another of the numerous sites across the Country much earlier ? Surely this would be the 'responsible' thing to do if they had a 'family in tow' ?

The person who has posted this already states that they knew the 'Out of Hours' bell was for Emergencies but still rang the bell anyway !! How irresponsible was this !! How could this have been an emergency, the Original Poster has stated that the family were in a 'A' Class Carthago, which from my knowledge of Motorhomes is fully kitted out for travel with a 'BIG' onboard water tank, toilet facilities, shower/washroom, cooker (Gas), large fridge, leisure batteries to provide more than enough on-board power etc, so what exactly constitutes this as an 'Emergency' ?

Finally, it seems to me from their own admission, that it was the Poster who approached the family and not them pleading for assistance.

• Like Like x 14
  17. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    On a site at Belchenblick Staufen ?.Black Forest. 3 Gypsy c/vans came in about 21.00 hrs. It would appear that in some areas,after a certain time,you cannot turn people away and leave them at the side of the road. Could be he/they thought this happened in England. However,this does not excuse the wardens lack of charity. Guess we stand no chance,with a Renault PVC. LOL
    Tea Bag

18. Bigmomma

Bigmomma Read Only Funster

Quite possibly, but at what time would you suggest that such charity should finish ? 10pm, 10:30, midnight or should this Warden be expected to be on duty for 24 hours a day. I believe that not all CC Sites accept Non-Members so what happens then ? Perhaps CC members should be canvassed to see if they would pay more on their Membership Subscriptions and/or site fees to pay for Night Duty Staff ?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Doesn't surprise me at all - I joined the CC for one year but the attitudes and stories about it meant I never renewed membership...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sparkly

Sparkly Funster Life Member

Sorry but it's a business like any other. It just happens to have the word 'club' in its title. It's a bit like expecting Marks and Spencer to open the door when I ring the bell after they've closed for the day because I've run out of biscuits. The hours of opening are clearly displayed.