Burnster or a Rapido??

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Coolbeanz, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

We have narrowed down our search for a new motorhome and the ideal layout with a large garage is the Rapido 7066F but the trouble is I can't find a second hand one for sale. The next nearest layout we could cope with is the Burnster Delphin 695. I would welcome your opinions and any comments on experiences you have had with either of these models and any info on Renault engines and their reliability. Also are there any other models with a large garage you can recommend? :Smile:

2. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

don't buy second choice as you will regret it later wait till the perfect for you comes along

• Like Like x 5
  3. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

I hope one hurries up and materialises then as we are taking early retirement at the end Feb and would like to head straight over to France and head for Spain and warmer weather!! :BigGrin:

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

There is plenty of banter on here between Burstner and Rapido owners (especially ShiftZZ and me but only because we deliberately wind each other up :BigGrin:) but in reality both are good makes.

I agree with Peter. The van for you is the one that meets your requirements.

Good hunting.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Be careful of payload!
    I have no fear because my 7090 was ordered specially on a 4250kg chassis by first buyer.
    Before parting with cash have it weighed! dont trust brochures or sales people.
    The 7066 looks very nice :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Well I know a swiss motorhomer that had just purchased a Rapido 9090DF....I said to what do think of it .......he said it's a lot better than the last motorhome I had a Burstner ...the BACK fell off that one on a motorway:RollEyes::Eeek:..and that was a new or new-ish van:Doh:...I have heard many bad reports on the burstner brand....BUT to tell you the truth you hear bad reports of all motorhome brands...
    I do think the Pilote seems to have a good following....so while you are looking have a look at them.....We nearly purchased the Pilote EXPLORATEUR two years ago at the Paris motorhome show... but at the last minute we changed our minds and purchased a Rapido 9090DF...sometimes I wished I had the Pilote and sometimes we are glad we picked the Rapido...better looking, not as tall
    If you want up to date info on a Burstner ask shifftyzz:RollEyes::Wink::Wink:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  7. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

Check weigh a Rapido because they usualy weigh more than the factory say, otherwise they're great.
    Also look at Adria & Pilote.

• Like Like x 1
  8. laneside

laneside Funster

Sorry but ours is the 791ff but just to give you confidence in Rapido we have now been in it every night for 20 months and nothing has fell off yet and we love the layout. OK we have had a tiny hicup with the injector harness on the Fiat side.

Not being too familiar with the model you are looking at but the warning regarding payload needs heading. Ours was originally rated at 3500 Kg and if we put two pairs of boots and two folding chairs in the garage we were over on the rear axle weight. We had to have ours up-rated to 3800 Kg

9. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

You wont go far wrong with the Rapido .as you can see we have the 9083df ,nothing fell off yet ,for us the perfect van .Most models are not easy to get but well worth the wait if you have your heart set on a model ,hang in there and wait, plenty of time before spring arrives.lol

10. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

Not too familiar with the Burstners, but our previous van was a second-hand Rapido. It was excellent and one of the reasons we finally chose it, in addition to having the right layout for us etc, we thought it would sell on quite well. And the assumption proved correct - dead easy to sell when the time came.

They are worth waiting for. Wouldn't hesitate to have another. :thumb:

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  11. mick noe

mick noe Funster

we have just bought a rapido 7097f lovely stylish luxury van with a large garage and thinking I would definitely have to up rate the weight. loaded up and also filled water tank to brim and put 125 kilo in the garage(to mimic scooter etc)
    was very surprised
    1600 front
    1760 rear
    total 3380 (never works out exactly on a wieghbridge)
    may still up rate though give us plenty of spare for the import of the odd bottle of wine:thumb: