Burgos, Fuentes Blancas, All year ? (1 Viewer)

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
We're planning to head off to Portugal sometime soon - November we hope !

We usually head off from Bilbao stopping off in Haro, Salamanca, Plasencia and then across the border to Portugal. We've always passed Burgos as the books we have indicate that the site is closed during the winter months. Burgos would be a good night stop as it's a long journey, for us, from Haro to Salamanca. We have stayed a few nights on the site during the summer and very good for access to Burgos.

Last night I looked up the MHF database and it confirms that Camping Fuentes Blancas, Burgos, is open all year. Can anyone from experience confirm this is the case ?

Maybe there's another good night stop not far from Burgos ?

Has anyone spent a longstay at Monte Gordo in southern Portugal just across the border from Spain ? I'd like to know if the town is walkable and shopable and passable for December/January,

Thanks,
M

OP
OP
M

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
Thanks Jim, that's the site.

We got the telephone number from your link. My wife, first language Spanish, called them two minutes ago. She spoke with a friendly girl who confirmed the site is open all year.

That will save us the long journey between Haro and Salamanca. We'll probably stay a couple of nights in Burgos.

ps Scotland so far today has had rain, wind, sleet and just a glimmer of sunshine !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We stayed in Burghos in a 34ft rv a few weeks ago its an ok site with good facilities.
The town is certainly worth a visit home of El Cid nice walk along the river, fabulous cathedral, tram ride and some great tapas bars.
We will certainly use it again. :thumb:

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Maybe there's another good night stop not far from Burgos ?

Has anyone spent a longstay at Monte Gordo in southern Portugal just across the border from Spain ? I'd like to know if the town is walkable and shopable and passable for December/January,

Thanks,
M[/QUOTE]

Hi we stop overnight north of burgos..place called Ameyego no problems there.picnic area outside campsite (never seen campsite open yet)

Monte Gordo campsite is just at the edge of the town about 10 mins walking distance. lidl just up the road from site.
Accross from the campsite gates is a park area and through that is an area that the motorhomes park water available and cassette emptying as well.Also 1 mile out of town left at the BP filling stations is Adam and Eve motorhome parking there at the beach popular place for motorhomers.

Val

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back