LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Tomorrow we're leaving Totana for a few weeks touring. Our first stop will be to the village of Chinchilla de Monte Aragon. There is a nice looking motorhome parking there and an interesting village with cave houses and a castle to explore.

We then have a weekend of orienteering based at Burgohondo, south of Avila, where we will park up for the weekend.

My intended route then is to go north, weather permitting. I've found a moho parking at Ampudia, westish of Palencia, where there seems to be another interesting village to visit and flat cycling. From there I've got a moho area at Becerril de Campos, again for cycling. Then further north again to the southern foothills of, firstly, the Parque Natural de Redes at a private camperstop at Maraña for some mountain walking then on to Posada de Valdeon in the Picos de Europa for a further stint of walking.

We then have to travel south to a small village, Canencia, north of Madrid for the Spanish Orienteering Championships.

All the camperstops I've mentioned are on Camper Contact. Has anyone visited any of them? Any comments welcomed.

I'll do a short thread of our trip, wherever we end up.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Happy and safe travels Mrs C.

Can you not push Martin down a mountain when he gets on your nerves this time, it was all a bit dramatic last year!

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, we've stayed at Ampudia four times en route to/from Maroc. The village is very interesting, with dwellings built out above the pavements and supported by oak beams. It was winter and very quiet, there is a castle of sorts which was closed. We had an interesting meal in one of several restaurants in the village.There are many large wind turbines in the vicinity. It was extremely cold on our outward journey in Ampudia, but on our return we discovered the village social club and were made very welcome. We were given various wines to sample and we had a thoroughly enjoyable overnight stop on the Aire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We arrived at our first night's stop at 1 pm. We had a short stroll around the town and then our stomach's called us into a restaurant for lunch.

We are at the parking alone at the moment, what's betting anyone else will park near to us?

Later on, when our food has settled, we're going for a walk.

image5.JPG

image4.JPG

image3.JPG

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

IMG_1565.JPG

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
what's betting anyone else will park near to us?
Highly likely Judith, and from our experience, it's usually French or Germans, often trying to get a clear line of sight for their satellite TV signal. LOL

Great photos. :)

Safe and enjoyable travels. (y)

Jock. :)

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Our lunch. Not going to take over from @Robert Clark with GTB, but will do it today.

We had salad to share with a basket of bread.

IMG_1566.JPG

Bottle of red and a bottle of gaseosa (like lemonade).

Martin then had a speciality of the area puréed potatoes and cod.
IMG_1568.JPG

And I had fish and seafood paella.
IMG_1569.JPG

Martin then had barbecued chicken wings and legs. Looked peculiar but he said it tasted great.
IMG_1572.JPG

And I had swordfish.
IMG_1573.JPG

Dessert, apple tart for Martin and a coffee and an ice cream for me.
IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

GTB? (If it's not a copyright protected game :LOL:).

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Bargain, but I always confused when in Spain, they bring out three rounds of free tapas one with each drink, then a menu o_Oo_O

If it wasn't for all the energy you expend when you get to places I would really like your travels :LOL::LOL:

love the photos though :)(y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Just found the thread lovely photos and the food looks good!! Far to much for you slim things!!!
Safe travels and enjoy!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
YOU ate all of that...!! Where do you put it all as your only near as tall as me....:D2

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Lovely pictures Judith and that Apple pie! :envy:
Aire looks great. Looking forward to reading your thread.

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
As an aside, we often add a few grapes, halved, to our salads (y)

All these travelogues are making me itch - we won't set off until mid-May (ish) :)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Lovely photos J. We have marked the aire in our favourites on Camper Contacts and are planning a little inland tour to include there and Ricoto before we venture towards Altea.

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Had a short stroll yesterday afternoon and found a great mountain biking area right next to the parking.

IMG_1589.PNG

@Armytwowheels take note. Routes can be found on Wikiloc.

Too late for us this time but will be back.

Had a very quiet night after 9pm. Before that we listened to the band practice for Easter. They sound better than in Totana!

Heading to Burgohondo soon.

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We survived the two days of orienteering. It was very hard, physical, bouldery terrain but it was our heads that let us down. Still we managed a 2nd and 3rd place.

Last night we were invited to a barbeque with friends from Totana at their rented house.

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1664.JPG

Martin supervising!

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

The winnings today were chorizos and cheese a part of which we're having for dinner.

We're now at a nice camperstop at Ampudia, south west of Palencia and will explore the town and surroundings tomorrow. There are some interesting looking buildings we can see from here.

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1676.JPG

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
img_1664-jpg.155704

Martin supervising!
Ooh, I wonder where he learnt to do that Judith? :eek: ................. ;)

Smashing photos. (y) Sorry that you didn't get as far as you both would have wished, however, 2nd and 3rd are worthy results. (y) The problem is, that when you do get to the top, it's very hard to stay there, and when you can't, there is only one way to go. ;)

A great effort from both of you. (y)

Cheers,

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Ooh, I wonder where he learnt to do that Judith? :eek: ................. ;)

Smashing photos. (y) Sorry that you didn't get as far as you both would have wished, however, 2nd and 3rd are worthy results. (y) The problem is, that when you do get to the top, it's very hard to stay there, and when you can't, there is only one way to go. ;)

A great effort from both of you. (y)

Cheers,

Well got paid lots of dosh to perfect these skills....sometimes have to resort to what I have learn't and offer this FREE OF CHARGE.but not too often I must add.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Well got paid lots of dosh to perfect these skills....sometimes have to resort to what I have learn't and offer this FREE OF CHARGE.but not too often I must add.
You and me both then Martin................ apart from the "paid lots of dosh" bit. :rofl:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Martin is good at supervising, isn't he.
Missing the warmth and sun of Spain

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back