Free Member
May 9, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Hi-top
Exp
Since July '08
Can anyone tell me whether Burg Eltz (the castle) is accessible for a 10'Hx22'L MH or are we in for a healthy walk? Thanks for any advice (doing Moselle/Rhine in May:Smile:).

thegamwellsmythes

Free Member
Jan 26, 2011
Chester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Newlife 1
Exp
since 2005
Hi,

We walked from the lower car park area, about a mile from memory.

The road to that car park was OK although a little narrow in places but was fine in our VW camper. You'd be OK in your vehicle as well as there were coaches in the car park.

Not sure if there is another car park nearer the castle, sorry. I think there is but again, not sure.

Have a good trip.

Paul

Ian Barry

Free Member
Sep 22, 2010
West Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Burg Eltz

My wife and I were there last year, we walked from the Mosell uphill through lovely wooded countryside to the castle, if you like walking then I recommend it. If you dont like walking then there is a good sized park around a mile (or less)from the castle. It was full of huge tourist coaches so I dont think you will have a problem with your motor.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wikisnoodle

Free Member
May 9, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Hi-top
Exp
Since July '08
Many thanks.

Thanks a lot. We'll decide on the day whether to walk or drive.

I usually use Google photos to check whether a UK or French road is suitable. None of the shots in Germany give me a clue. I'm left wondering whether this is Google yet to cover Germany's road system or Germany saying "no thank you".

Ian Barry

Free Member
Sep 22, 2010
West Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Burg eltz

Yep Google not good for the area yet ! We have been to the area twice and will be going again. Suggest you visit the Loreley & Boppard on the Rhine and on the Mosel Visit Koblenz where the Rhine & Mosel seperate and also Cochem - very Touristy shops but nice cafes etc. The rest you can find yourself there are lots. Note we found that the Mosell had more bridge crossings than the Rhine in that area , the Rhine was mainly small ferry crossings for around 1 Euro.
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back