Bunk beds without ladder ?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Ridgeway, May 26, 2013.

1. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

Had a look inside a CC yesterday at a dealers and was surprised to see that the rear double bunk beds had no ladder to access the 2nd bed. There was one on the over cab bed (ladder and fixings) but nothing at the back:Confused:

I asked the dealer and they said it was "like this"

Is this common ?

Must admit that if a ladder was there then I could see that it would have got in the way of the bathroom door so just wondering if they had compromised because of that

2. Mr Colpot

Mr Colpot Funster

Ours would be impossible to use without the ladder, which does impede both the toilet door and access to/from the bottom bunk. I would just pull the ladder up after me as the bunk is so wide it can fit easily beside me, but Mrs Colpot usually takes it down when I am up there and stores it in the hab door footwell so if anyone decides to break in through the hab door they will have a facefull of ladder.

3. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Our rear bunks have their own ladder. It does partially block the toilet door when in place, but our lad (10yrs) who use the top bunk, climbs in and out without it.

Are their any lugs or clips between the rear bunks showing where a ladder would normally clip into place.

Our previous vans which also had bunk beds also had it's own ladder for the bunks..

:Smile:

4. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

That's the odd thing, there are no lugs any where to be seen. I even checked under the bed to see if the kist hasn't been fitted but nothing.

I'm wondering now if it has a slide out vertical ladder. We had one like that on a Fendt caravan once although I would of thought I would of noticed that.

Perhaps they forgot to deliver it but they have 2 new vans just the same

5. yorkshirepudding

yorkshirepudding Read Only Funster

I think you need to be agile to sleep in any top bunk. Who needs a ladder?:BigGrin:

6. frogijock

frogijock Funster

Some vans I have seen with rear bunks have a couple of foot holes cut into the bunk frame

7. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

A bit strange,but would the overcab bed ladder be used for the bunks? Working on the basis that the 'little darlings' go to bed first and the adults use the over cab bed. The advantage of this is they can't get up early in the morning until Mum and Dad are awake and sorted.

8. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

That's a possibility but as the cab bunk has a ladder which needs lugs on the bunk side I would of thought that these would also be on the rear top bunk.

Waiting for an answer back from the dealer