Bunk bed garage - contents? (1 Viewer)

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No
:Blush: It's evidently my night for posting multiple threads as I keep coming across random questions whilst I'm thinking!

Our frontrunner MH at the moment is a Chausson Flash 03 (and any opinions on them are welcome, please). The lower bunk lifts up to give extra garage space for bikes/chairs/tables etc in transit. It's just occurred to me that that means there's no room for them to stay in there once you put that lower bunk back down to sleep - so where do they go? It seems a little trusting to just leave them outside the van, not to mention untidy if you aren't on a campsite, so what do people do with them overnight?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We generally just leave them outside, however, if the site is not 'quite nice' or in an iffy location, we simply use a long lock and chain and chain them to the chassis !

We have the garage/bunkbed set up in the Miller :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
I quite often use the garage for the bikes when travelling long distances (e.g. using the ferry where length can make a difference) or where there is a good chance the could get nicked. Then just store them on the rack when there.

We also have a drive away awning so things can go in there when we are where we want to be.

DiscoDave

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
The north
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
properly 4 years, playing at it for ages
Mostly i have the bottom bunk folded up just to make it easier to access every thing inside it. Even when really full i've always been able to drop the bunk down.

never put my bikes in there, but you could always take the wheels off that way it should all fit in with the bunk down.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No
Thank you all - I'd forgotten I'd posted this and thought it was a question still buzzing round the inside of my head! DD - the idea of taking the wheels off is genius :roflmto:

Jaws - I'd never come across Miller as a make - you've set me off googling now. Would you recommend them?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back