Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi all,
We came across this company at the Peterborough show with exactly the van we were looking for, the only one at the show.
Has anybody had dealings with or experience of them. They appear to be brokers without premises so we obviously need to find out as much as we can.
Private message me if you don't want to write on an open forum.
Regards,
Steve

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I was going to buy from them, but at the last moment I saw the van I wanted at Becks in Yarmouth,. roughly the same price .. with a full years warranty and local if anything needed sorted.. I felt more comfortable with that ..

From what I've read they have good reputation, they import from Germany to order.. never heard any complaints..

The company changed hands last year..

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
I can't personally vouch for the couple who took over Bundesvan fairly recently...however if they have continued the same service level , integrity and general helpfulness that was there in spades when Nick Legg used to run the company then you'll have no problems whatsoever.

I expect others will come on here and say not to bother with their services and save their fee by importing "on your own".

If you feel confident to do that fine but having used both Bundesvan's service and imported personally I know which route was much simpler and totally hassle free.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
My friend has imported new twice through tem...Different owners these days I believe? Have never heard anything negative at all but I prefer to max the saving and import personally. But if its the van you want at a good price and its here and checks out (weighing & damp test) why not!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
@Old age travellers

Hi guys
Tried to buy a van from them recently unfortunately couldn't get anywhere even close to doing a deal. Shame as the van was perfect although nowhere near the quality of our old girl.
Seem like a really nice genuine couple and very honest. Not great on part ex though they'd rather sell your van on commission. They offered £9k less for my van than another dealer as a part ex.
Wouldn't hesitate to buy from then though especially if not doing a part ex.
;)

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks all for your replies, nice to know a bit about a company before trying to part with so much cash.
Steve

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Bob & Sue, the directors of Bundesvan, are friendly, efficient and very customer-oriented. Moreover, the true test of any organisation, if things do not go as smoothly as one might initially have hoped, they will go out of their way to mitigate any potential problems and provide an excellent customer experience.

Tom
(A satisfied customer)

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Bob & Sue, the directors of Bundesvan, are friendly, efficient and very customer-oriented. Moreover, the true test of any organisation, if things do not go as smoothly as one might initially have hoped, they will go out of their way to mitigate any potential problems and provide an excellent customer experience.

Tom
(A satisfied customer)

Thanks Tom, I hope so because I have just done a deal with them and paid a deposit. Unfortunately they don't do Credit Cards so no protection but I get a good feeling so took a chance. Wrong perhaps in this day and age but sometimes you just have to go with the gut feeling.
Steve

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You won't have any problems with them we imported a new Hymer Exsis last June and had brilliant service and a really good deal I have no qualms in recommending them

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks Tom, I hope so because I have just done a deal with them and paid a deposit. Unfortunately they don't do Credit Cards so no protection but I get a good feeling so took a chance. Wrong perhaps in this day and age but sometimes you just have to go with the gut feeling.
Steve

Must admit that in the end that wasn't an issue for me as I had just enough euros in a French bank account and paid the French dealer direct. Nevertheless, before that solution came to mind, I too had a good feeling...

Tom

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Nick Legg (the original owner) helps them out at shows. I was talking to him on the Bundesvan stand at Stratford. He gave me some very interesting advice re Hymer, in comparison to Frankia or N & B. ;)
We bought ours through him (but not from him) back in 2005.

Good luck with the purchase @OldAgeTravellers. (y)

Jock. :)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nick Legg (the original owner) He gave me some very interesting advice re Hymer, in comparison to Frankia or N & B. ;)
@OldAgeTravellers. (y)

Jock. :)

Hi Jock, apologies for modifying your quoted post, I bet you knew I would'nt be able to resist asking, you can PM me as we dont want this post becoming a Hymer bashing thread.

It is true though that Bundesvan had the best vans at the recent Stratford "Motorhome and Duck show"

Martin

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Met Bob & Sue at the Newbury Show (sheltering from the rain in one of their motorhomes :)) & they appeared to be a very genuine, upfront couple with a real enthusiasm for what they do. They mentioned that the original owner still helps out & that they are continuing business in the same manner as he did. Almost new LH drive motorhomes are where they can offer the biggest savings. We asked lots of questions & liked that they could do as much or little of the importing process as wanted. The part of the import process that we aren't confident about for us to sort ourselves is the insurance (or lack of) issue when collecting the motorhome & bringing back across Europe - Bundesvan have the cover in place to do this so something we would explore further with them if we do import at a later date.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back