Bull Bars (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Alan, modern vehicles are designed to crumple in a collision of any sort, vehicle or pedestrian, and absorb at least some of the impact.....bull bars dont move that easy and do untold damage.

hit a solid object reasonably hard and the bars will bend the front chassis rails whereas without bars the front body may be damaged (bonnet, wings and front panel) but not the chassis.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi pappa i know that ,i ran an accident repair shop.still got body jigs here. but do you want to be hit by anything at all. i actually havent got bull bars but they dont bother me. use full for pulling things out with i do know that. only being light hearted.
like is say no such thing as an accident . speed kills . if the car didnt move it shouldnt kill anyone.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I like those "nudge bars" Little things that only covers about one third of your front. With all the Plastic bumpers that modern M/Hs have they certainly protect your vehicle against the "parking by touch" Drivers

Don't think there is any need for the full Bull Bar though, outside of the Oz Outback, although, I must admit, I had 'em on all my work vans in Sydney.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
hi pappa i know that ,i ran an accident repair shop.still got body jigs here. but do you want to be hit by anything at all. i actually havent got bull bars but they dont bother me. use full for pulling things out with i do know that. only being light hearted.
like is say no such thing as an accident . speed kills . if the car didnt move it shouldnt kill anyone.

Well we all know that life is full of accidents........and a faster speeds kills
more certainly than slower speeds...hence 30mph in built up areas.But
bull bars have killed many people who might have survived the accident even with vehicles travelling quite slow.
Thats why the law was changed.

barry

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
what happened to look right ,look left . look right again .if all clear proceed smartly.
life is full of risks . maybe banning motor vehicles would help. or doing away with pedestrians . lighten up. the world could end soon.
years ago they had chariots with blades sticking out.
after all i only said they are available in landrover mags in answer to op question.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back