Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Keith, I'm surprised nobody has already mentioned it, but it sounds like your regulator is "oiled up" ... a well known problem with some Truma regs and will need replacing.
I had the same problem a few years ago.
New regulator needed.
Before you buy check what size pipe fitting it needs.
There are 8 and 10 mm, when I bought ours I didn't realise and bought the wrong one, so I now have a spare 8mm if you need one

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
My brother had the same symptoms whilst we were in Holland same regulator as well. It started to work after pushing the button, but not for long.We discovered this was a common fault with some of these regulators. Eventually it gave up altogether. He eventually bought a new won from Gas It. Its important to check if 8 or 10 mm.

OP
OP
surfbum

surfbum

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
10 years
How do you check?.is it stamped on the side ;or do you measure the pipe?

Cheers Keith'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Personally I can tell by looking but I would suggest you could compare with a drill bit of the relevant size.

OP
OP
surfbum

surfbum

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
10 years
Problem solved.:D:D:D

In the lid of the hob under the hinge (PAY ATTENSION AT THE BACK) There is a micro switch that turns the gas off when the lid is down,if you dont lift the lid right back to its maximum travel, then no gas:oops:. My mate said he had the same problem, till an old boy pointed it out to him seems its a common mistake.:eek:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back