Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I was watching a rerun of top gear on 'Dave' last night ( best comedy program on TV since Fools and Horses ) and it was the episode where they took a caravan on holiday to see what the interest was.

There antics and conclusions were absurd but they also talked about the queues that build up behind caravans on just about any road.......

That happens with Motorhomes as well. What do you all do about that ? pullover ? Ignore them ?

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Once we've 'caught' half a dozen or so we pull over if we can, less stressful, ie worring when one's going to pull some suicide manover:Doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That happens with Motorhomes as well. What do you all do about that ? pullover ? Ignore them ?

The average driver ( in the very loose sense of the word ) is so slow that except on hills the MH is not holding them up.

But I sometimes pull over on the odd occasion this is not going to cause more trouble than it's worth.

It seems to be getting worse, I was the one being held up a lot on Sunday. Fifty seems tops for a lot of drivers now, I go for indicated 60 in MH, just a bit faster than HGV so not inconveniencing them. Talking of which the tossers, often in a Micra, who prefer 52 on a full blown motorway don't half cause the HGVs some grief.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dont think it would make much diference if you were traveling at 90 MPH, some damn fool would still try to overtake, just becous there is a MH in front of him. Its at times like this when I wish I had a remote lever so I could discharge the black tank.:winky:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Dont think it would make much diference if you were traveling at 90 MPH, some damn fool would still try to overtake, just becous there is a MH in front of him. Its at times like this when I wish I had a remote lever so I could discharge the black tank.:winky:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

I know exactly what you mean, or there's the other sort that pull out of a junction too late just because you are a motorhome and they must be ahead of you!

Rgds
Bill

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I know exactly what you mean, or there's the other sort that pull out of a junction too late just because you are a motorhome and they must be ahead of you!

Rgds
Bill

and i know exactly what you mean Bill,

had a numpty pull out from a 'T' junction side road to get infront of me........but they were SECOND in line at the juntion.

just pulled out around the first car causing me to brake very hard and only just missed they tw&t.

at least i know me toad braking works ok.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The average driver ( in the very loose sense of the word ) is so slow that except on hills the MH is not holding them up.

But I sometimes pull over on the odd occasion this is not going to cause more trouble than it's worth.

It seems to be getting worse, I was the one being held up a lot on Sunday. Fifty seems tops for a lot of drivers now, I go for indicated 60 in MH, just a bit faster than HGV so not inconveniencing them. Talking of which the tossers, often in a Micra, who prefer 52 on a full blown motorway don't half cause the HGVs some grief.

agreed Brian,

if im not towing i usually aim for a satnav 60mph which is around 1mph faster than the speedo if you include the fiat speedo bounce. (id sooner rely on modern technology than a mechanical clock.)

i still get a line of cars behind but thats not my problem......im only holding them up 'cos im obeying the speed limit and they arent.

suppose technically im speeding 'cos im 3.85t but i havent seen a copper with a weight gun recently ;-)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back