Building Motorhome, saying hello and hoping to make friends. (1 Viewer)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi and welcome from Devon :welc: a coach ,that brings back memories brother and me did the first conversion back in the late 60's on a Bedford 28 seater ,and what a passion wagon it was :RollEyes: good luck a keep the pics coming as you go

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
don't know what stage you are at with build or how advanced your plans are, but as its a coach and probably single glazed windows, I would get rid of as many as possible. leaving only ones in habitation area. spend a good bit of the budget on proper insulation (walls floors and ceilings) that way you will have a snug all year round vehicle...unfortunately good quality insulation not cheap but worth it IMO. lots of info by just googling the topic...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi and welcome to fun. Best thing you did joining this forum.
We are waiting for the weather to warm up a bit , then starting on our conversion too. A smaller project, Lot smaller, it's a boxer long wheel base panel van. Ralphs been in there this afternoon measuring up stuff. He's just ordered all the windows tonight.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Welcome ............ Am new to this M.H. malarkey. A complete new world has opened up to me, looking forward to the experiences to come, but completely useless to you as I have no idea how to help you with the mammoth task you have but good luck (y)

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Overwhelming welcome. Thank you all for taking time. I am trying to learn the blog way. So I can show my build. Anyone point out where to start?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
WOW that is one project I am going to watch with interest, I would start a thread to run with it for those that don't follow blogs I am sure there will be a lot of interest in it (as Terry said in another post) that way you will get a lot of input, wether you want it or not. lol how long do you think it will take.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Very warm welcome and can't wait to watch your build progress. I've wanted a bus to convert since I was a lad but alas space to park and work on one isn't available..

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
WOW that is one project I am going to watch with interest, I would start a thread to run with it for those that don't follow blogs I am sure there will be a lot of interest in it (as Terry said in another post) that way you will get a lot of input, wether you want it or not. lol how long do you think it will take.
I'm hoping to have it done in 6 months to be able to use. Then a work in progress. Cheers for advise

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Hi to anyone who takes time to welcome me. I'm looking to build/complete a motorhome to travel the 4600 miles around Great Britain, Ireland then Europe. I have bought an old coach to make into a home to travel new places. Possibly make some friends along the way. Just an introduction for now to any like minded people
Broken Link Removed

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & welcome :)

really looking forward to seeing how you progress.

Great pictures(y)

Would it be easier to put your links in your signature, as others do, then they'll be shown on every post you make?
(do that and set other preferences by clicking your name in the blue bar above on the rhs)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back