Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Ha ha, this is a new one! :roflmto:

You may remember a post 2 weeks ago about Turbo noises, which turned out to be perfectly normal amplified by a shorter side exit exhaust.

Anyway, whilst it was in for the service, they updated the firmware on one of the controllers.

Driving home from up north on Sunday, the Engine Management light came on. Hmm, suspect, first drive out since the service and the upgrade.

So took it back to Ford today for some diagnostics and it turns out, the upgraded software has a bug and whilst not at all damaging and we can continue to use the MH (light is now off again after a reset), we have to await Ford to write another firmware update!

I didn't know that Ford was now powered by Apple? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

To help eliminate the error being generated, "make sure you wait for the glow plug light to go out before starting". Well, I usually do, however, remembering back, it came on when I re-started after stopping at the MH Service area at the site before we left and as the engine was already warm, I possibly didn't wait for the light to go out............

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Had a Cmax Ghia and the handbrake warning light came on and stayed on, Ford main dealer had it in three times and finally diagnosed as needing a firmware update that had to be written.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
it was far better when the only computer in a car was the organic one in yer 'ead.

just two warning lights oil and alternator.

fix at the roadside with a Swiss army knife, a bit of chewing gum and some baler twine.

your car/van, allegedly, has more computing power than Apollo 11....or should that read 'more to go wrong'

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back