Bugger - thought i'd got away with it.. (1 Viewer)

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
First screen bites the dust...

image.jpeg

Heard it hit the screen - but didn't see this until I pulled into campsite and parked up...

I've already got three or four other dings on screen - but it seems a low corner strike is not good and results in cracking...

Spent at least 30 mins on phone... Trying to explain to the person on the other end of phone that it was not a FIAT - but an A-class on a Fiat chassis!.. :worried:

First available slot is 2nd Sept... and I was told it will take 90mins to replace... and a further sixty mins before I can drive ....

Hope weather is ok and they turn up to site with the right screen...

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Same thing happened to me a few weeks back: spent a while trying to get through to the call-centre girl (lady) that Rapido IS a manufacturer and that a Merc Sprinter screen was no good. She did, however, assure me that a laminated screen would not fall out nor crack all over "like in the olden days".

Eventually she succumbed, took as many details as possible and was called back an hour later by AutoGlaze of Bournemouth; a couple of days later they rang back to confirm measurements, so get yourself a tape-measure. They came a few days later and did a superb job, leaving the south coast at 5am and arriving in deepest Norfolk at 9am. By 10.30am they were on their way to the next job (London), having also given me some interesting advice about my wiper motor.

My insurer is SAGA and the excess was £75: almost worth it to get rid of those micro-scratches.

Good fortune - Gordon

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I had mine done in May, Hymer A class, Autoglass lady on the phone did all the arranging and the said her manager told her to contact Motorhome special department. All sorted in a week and £60 excess. Didn't have to wait to drive, as ours is not the bonded type.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Mine went in France 2nd day of holiday. It's not an A class. I phoned Autoglass and they spoke to the French company Carglass who took over proceeding and they were very good at arranging everything. They told me a couple of hours before I could drive the vehicle. Fortunately I was on a campsite and didn't need to move.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I had exactly the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago. On M25 heard a stone hit the screen and said to Jan '"that could have been worse" no damage. The following day, dropped the van into AS suspension and when we picked the van up there was a crack :Eeek:
On closer inspection there is a stone chip in the corner which must have been what we heard on M25. :swear2:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
One of our "surrogate daughters" had a job as receptionist in a w/screen place

Woman on phone; "Can you give me a price for a windscreen for a Holden please?
SD;"Certainly what year is your car?
Italian: "1998"
SD: "and the Model?"
Italian: "It's the Red one" :cool:

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
UPDATE:

Well... According to "Call centre"...when I first contacted them....

They "where" due to arrive tomorrow tween 7 and 12.... And repair on-site..

But in the mean time (a few days back) I'd had a call from the "fitter".. and supplied some details... (A particular number from chassis)...

Anyway..... Decided to chase them up today... (Because I'd guessed it wasn't going to happen)....

Now it seems... It's "how long is a piece of string".. As to when it'll get replaced...
And...
The Moho has to go into a Depot to have work done...

Fek fek feckerty fek!!...

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
One of our "surrogate daughters" had a job as receptionist in a w/screen place

Woman on phone; "Can you give me a price for a windscreen for a Holden please?
SD;"Certainly what year is your car?
Italian: "1998"
SD: "and the Model?"
Italian: "It's the Red one" :cool:

I don't think you should be discussing my private claims on an open forum......

:)

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
The latest....

Got a call today (13th Sept) ... Screen has arrived at Auto-glass Depot in Leeds...

Slot available for this Thurs but say they want it until Friday....

So I provisionally agree to booking.. With a view to trying to find accommodation for the night nearby!...

Found a travel-lodge not too far away ... Then had a thought... Fridge/freezer!!... Would they have EHU or allow me to run on gas overnight?

So I call them to see ... And it transpires that I can stay overnight in their compound in Moho... Just not able to drive it for 24hrs... And will be locked in anyway...

Hoping it's all straight forward and no hiccups!...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back