Bugger. Best laid plans and all that... (1 Viewer)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
so we are all packed up and ready to move out of the appartment tomorrow to go back FT, half our stuff in the van ready to go, the rest packed up and either in storage or lying round the apt waiting to load into the van.

Wednesday, I take the van to the local garage ( pre booked) to have 6 new tyres fitted and a cambelt change. A days job. Plenty of time.....

On the drive up there ( about 5km) there's a strong smell of diesel. Can't be me, thinks I, have already driven from uk to Spain when we picked her up in December, and had a couple of weeks in Portugal, all without missing a beat.

Get here, and the entrance is blocked by a parked car, so out I get, and as I do see diesel pumping out of the engine compartment onto the road :confused:

Anyway, get into the workshop and mechanic has a look. Fuel filter housing has split. No major drama says he, easy job, I sigh with relief.

Then later in the day I get the email - part has to come from Fiat and should be here by Wednesday :eek:

Obviously can't drive it!!!!

Luckily, the chap moving into our appartment is a very good freind - single, and this is a 3 bed appartment !!! Seems I will be a lodger for a few days :ROFLMAO:

Not the best start, but glad it happened when it did and not on our travels - onwards and upwards ;)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Where are heading off to first then Dave?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
It always amazes me at how long it takes to get parts a fuel filter housing you would think in this day and age next day delivery

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
r u on portsmouth - santander on the 10th, we are.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Anyway, to answer your question @Robert Clark
Staying on site here at torre del mar til end of April ( have to sell boat now the weather has turned nice, and have several freinds visiting in their vans - @quickweh here now, @MikeD in a week or so, then other not as yet funster freinds later in march and April, and of course you Robert ;)

After that, booked tunnel for 8 June to get back for Stratford rally etc.
Between here and there, just follow the coast north, and go up the alps side of France, quite fancy via Annecy, and see what happens. Then back over to France after Malvern and slowly down to join the freeloaders in Portugal for the winter :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back