Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Daughter had a new BMW X5.a few years ago. Dream to drive,on my first drive,put the brakes on as normal in my old 4x4 and we all shot forward off the seats.... impressed.However, a battery problem ment taking it back to the dealers,she told me."All the messages where coming up about brake warnings,but she had been told to ignore them". from then on it was BMW ?...". Brakes Might Work".
Super motor,wish i had one on the yard now!.
Tea Bag

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Noooooo...but tbh the risk is there especially if your driving through say a slip road in a shopping area or some other place where cars and people share the same section of tarmac. How you getting on with the new motorhome...doyou miss the Accent in anyway ?
We've only used it for a couple of nights away so far, although we'd run around in it a bit, it's lovely though! In a way I do miss my Accent as we had so many lovely trips away in it and it was a cutie but things change and the new one meets our needs better. I notice that the Accent has been sold now so hopefully he's got a new owner who'll love him as much as we did.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Does the PHGV go and be replaced by the standard HGV tax bands. Just to be fair you see, no reason that there should be special rates for a private vehicle??????????????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Does the PHGV go and be replaced by the standard HGV tax bands. Just to be fair you see, no reason that there should be special rates for a private vehicle??????????????
Better not! I've just uprated and one of the perks is the cheaper road tax!!!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
"I have seen it interpenetrated elsewhere as VED on 3500kg camper (classed the same as cars?) will be taxed at the £450 figure yearly for first 5 years:("

So buy a 'van that weighs more than 3500kgs. (or get it uprated BEFORE it is registered)

not an option as Im diabettic and dont like the restrictions that go with over 3500 anyway. I think the value of £40K + probably plays into it as well...will have to wait and see..

intend to change van before then anyway (depending on health)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Still have my 4x4 so if Vehicle excise duty becomes extortionate for a new Motorhome I see a return to caravanning

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Still have my 4x4 so if Vehicle excise duty becomes extortionate for a new Motorhome I see a return to caravanning
Likewise, but folk might start to talk about us if we keep following each other around the forums!:eek::whistle:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
If they apply the high rate I foresee a load of SORNing going on and when you want it again retax as long as it is the end of the month it SHOULD get a full refund for the next month, or is that too much bother for rich people with big vans?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Took a fancy to an M Class Merc t'other day until I saw the J Tax Band was £490. Yeah, yeah I know if you can afford to run an M Class it shouldn't bother you, but it did. :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back